Cell Phone Choice for Busy Mom

Options
2»

Replies

• numindan
    numindan Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    The iPhone for everyone for every reason. And is someone that doesn't own an iPhone tells you their phone is better? Don't believe them. They have no idea what they're talking about!

I beg to disagree.

Hubs and I both had iPhones (2, 3, 4 and 4S) for approx 4 years. I won't lie. I definitely felt that way about the iPhone when I had it. However, when my 4S was stolen, I couldn't afford to buy another one at full price and ended up with an Android. 6 months later I'm in love with my 'Droid, can't imagine life without it, and don't miss my iPhone at all.

Granted, that could just be because I enjoy saying "to the googles!" whenever I need info and we have the Samsung/Google Nexus S and Samsung/Google Galaxy Nexus phones now ;) Also doesn't hurt that many of the apps that I paid for on my iPhone are free on my Droid. Finally while my usage is heavier than it was a year ago, I was able to significantly reduce my data plan. I don't know what it's doing in the background, but the iPhone is a HUGE data hog when you compare task-for-task actions between iPhones (at least the v3 and v4) and Droids.
  • AngelEyes127
    Options
    Don't even look at anything besides an iPhone!

Trust me!!!!

Mom of 2!
  • redcut
    redcut Posts: 176
    Options
    Android all the way I have a calender that puts everything into an agenda for me I have so many apps that I love I even get my appointments that I book for my clients on it. So I am never out of touch with the texting email, and phone you can always get a hold of me and I always know what my day holds for me.
  • Jackdog89
    Jackdog89 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Android all the way I have a calender that puts everything into an agenda for me I have so many apps that I love I even get my appointments that I book for my clients on it. So I am never out of touch with the texting email, and phone you can always get a hold of me and I always know what my day holds for me.

The calendar alone for android should be a selling point for busy parents. My wife and I share our calendars on our Droid Razr's. If she changes something or adds an appointment it's automatically synced with my phone. Of course the down fall, now, is that I have no excuse for saying I forgot, or I didn't know. ;)
  • fuminator18
    fuminator18 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Great responses, thank you all!! I do have iTouch, so I know how the apps can be so helpful, and apple product is so easy to use. somone made a good comment about apple product hog alot of data usage, also a bit expensive , good point.

how about siri? do you iphone owners, utilize Siri a lot? I know my friends who bought iPhone 4S, first used SIRI but not longer utilizing it. Other phones has voice activated function as well but not like SIRI.
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I have an older Andriod HTC Eris and its great. I espically love the app for MFP. I would like to get a newer Android that is faster but most of the new Andriod phones are HUGE now :(
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    size is very important to me.
    Fixed that for you
  • jrusso28
    jrusso28 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Android....cheaper than the iphone, and they don't charge for things google already gives you for free.

WRONG !
    I had Android, and for years went out of my way to avoid Apple and the iPhone.
    Recently broke down and got one.

All I kept saying to myself was WHY DID I WAIT SO LONG.

There is no comparison.
    IPHONE ALL THE WAY, everything else is crap.
  • jrusso28
    jrusso28 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Great responses, thank you all!! I do have iTouch, so I know how the apps can be so helpful, and apple product is so easy to use. somone made a good comment about apple product hog alot of data usage, also a bit expensive , good point.

how about siri? do you iphone owners, utilize Siri a lot? I know my friends who bought iPhone 4S, first used SIRI but not longer utilizing it. Other phones has voice activated function as well but not like SIRI.

Siri is cute, but I dont use it.
    It would not find what I wanted most of the time.
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Android....cheaper than the iphone, and they don't charge for things google already gives you for free.

WRONG !
    I had Android, and for years went out of my way to avoid Apple and the iPhone.
    Recently broke down and got one.

All I kept saying to myself was WHY DID I WAIT SO LONG.

There is no comparison.
    IPHONE ALL THE WAY, everything else is crap.
    I would disagree that there is no comparison. Even the great WOZ says there are benefits to owning a Android phone.
  • Chagama
    Chagama Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Siri is great if you have kids. They will amuse themselves forever asking Siri absolutely stupid questions. Great way to keep them under control in the car!