Depression = sucking at life

Options
Hey Guys,
So I've been struggling with undiagnosed depression for the past couple months and my ever present social anxiety and unexercised ADHD. The ADHD paired with depression is making this very difficult to handle because every so often I have a good day when I feel motivated and pumped to pick this back up and just plain great about life my life. But I will also flip on a dime and fall back into it and find myself either emotionally eating or just feelin like crap so I just don't care. I know ADHD paired with depression can sometimes manifest as if you're bipolar and thats exactly how I feel with intense highs and bad lows. I've learned that I've become an unconventional emotional eater riding on sugar highs to keep me in my happy place and content. I do work nights by myself for about 8-10 hours and thought the night I'll rip myself down or think about how upsetting the world is. I'm big on avoiding medication especially since I know my nutrition is poor right now and my energy is not constructively burnt but I don't know how to break free.

I'm not certain why I've felt this way but I am anticipating that this summer after I move I'll do better and get out of this funk. I think change is needed but in the mean time I feel lost and don't know how to wake up. Is there anyone out there that's been through something similar or conquered the dynamic duo of depression/ADHD? Or does anyone have any constructive ideas on how to tackle this? Thanks

Replies

• sjbangs
    sjbangs Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I feel you girl. I was diagnosed with moderate bipolar and OCD in the fall and some days are easier than others. I've been working with a nutritionist so I don't have to be on meds, but obviously if I don't follow all the rules things can go haywire. I've found journaling sometimes helps, or finding someone you're comfortable venting to.
    You should also check your blood pressure; it's probably low, which would contribute to the depression and make you feel worn out. Then if you try to up yourself with too much caffeine like coffee or soda, that will skyrocket your anxiety and blood sugar, and ultimately will keep you from losing weight.
    If you need someone to talk to I've got your back :smile: