What I won't let stop me

Options
I'm Amanda from El Paso, Texas 29 years old. I was diagnosed with morphea scleroderma when I was 5 years old. My entire left leg is significantly thinner than my right. Many people who know my "disease" say there is no way they'd be able to keep doing what I am doing. So far I am down 22lbs. I go to the gym 4 times a week, zumba twice a week and pilates once a week. What are you dealing with that you refuse to let stop you?

Replies

• Skeemer118
    Skeemer118 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    WOW - congrats OP! You rock! :drinker:

Other people who think I can't do it. Several people I know would just never expect to see me succeed at doing something like losing weight & getting into shape. My goal is to complete the Warrior Dash in September of this year. There's about 4 people who truly don't believe I'll be able to do it...& I'm going to shock their socks off. :bigsmile:
  • OLFATUG
    OLFATUG Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Good on ya Brownie! :) I'm an alcoholic. I *try*, really *try* not to drink every day. I've fallen off the wagon more times than I can count. My wife and kids haven't left me yet, and I haven't stopped fighting! That's my demon...
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Psoriatic Arthritis. Diagnosed about 15 years ago and it has spread through most of my joints and tendons. I'm done letting it control me though...it may slow me down some days but it won't stop me. Luckily I have lots of support and no "nay sayers". :wink:
  • skmolove
    skmolove Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    glad to see that all of you are working thru your trials. keep up the good fight :drinker:

I won't let ME stop me!
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    You are such an inspiration!

I've have bad hips and my shoulders often dislocate on their own. Additionally I am anemic which leaves me with really low energy levels. Keep on powering through :)
  • HeidiRene
    HeidiRene Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I have clinical major depression and anxiety disorder. It makes leaving the house and getting out of bed difficult. It also makes eating healthy and low calorie next to impossible. I am going to reclaim my body in spite of it!
  • kmozymoz
    kmozymoz Posts: 187
    Options
    Dealing with fresh grief from losing a family member, and am prone to anxiety and depression. It's been difficult, but not impossible. She would want me to be going after it. This much I know for a fact.

4452571.png
  • BigChocolate32
    BigChocolate32 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I too have Scleroderma and lost about 75lbs I couldnt afford to lose.