GIRL QUESTION!!!

Options
Okay so I've noticed that if I up my intensity that I get some spotting, is that normal, or should I talk to my doctor? It's not enough to use anything, I only notice it when I go to the bathroom:ohwell:

Replies

• sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    Okay so I've noticed that if I up my intensity that I get some spotting, is that normal, or should I talk to my doctor? It's not enough to use anything, I only notice it when I go to the bathroom:ohwell:
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    Did you just start BC or something? Are you close to starting your TOM or in the middle of the month?
  • sarabear
    Options
    No i'm on sesonique, for about 2 years now, it's where I only get tom every 3 months. And I'm about 2 weeks from my tom.
  • newlifestyle36
    Options
    have you just had your tom cause some times that happens to me evevn after a week has pass . i was told it was due to all the changes of loseing weight also tom has shorten went from 5 days too 3 at the most
    hope this hepls
  • newlifestyle36
    Options
    ok alitte late on that answer but like i said your body is going through a alot of change's so that could be why and you may also get tom eariler.
  • sarabear
    Options
    Thanks, I thought it could be the changes!
  • newlifestyle36
    Options
    your welcome :bigsmile:
  • buffjess
    buffjess Posts: 382
    Options
    I have noticed the same thing! I wasnt very active and started walking twice a day and thats when i started spotting..idk for sure but im with u on this one..
  • nhendri
    nhendri Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Sharing my experiance, I have been spotting since Feb. 20th. At first I thought it was because I restarted the depo, but then it continued. So I went to the doc. She said that it was normal for my body to react this way. She said with me doing the couch to 5k training in the morning and then 30 day shred in the afternoon its a big change for my body. then to add the depo is just not helping. She said as long as I am not having severe cramping or pain or ALOT of Bleeding I was ok. She said my body needed time to adjust to all the changes and as long as I continue to make changes my body may continue to react this way. I hope that helps!
  • dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    Options
    No i'm on sesonique, for about 2 years now, it's where I only get tom every 3 months. And I'm about 2 weeks from my tom.

I'm also on seasonique, have been for a little over a year, and I'm noticing the same thing. They do say there can be spotting between periods, so I didn't think much of it. It's probably a result of our bodies adjusting and nothing to be worried about. If you get regular flow between periods, or if it doesn't go away within your next few pill packs (I know, that's a loooong time), then go see your doc.
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    it's not simply "changes", it's more specifically hormone changes. intense exercise (ie from zero to something) will cause all kinds of hormone changes, not just female hormones.

also, i think seasonique is particularly prone to spotting. i spotted for WEEKS and i wasn't even on this wt loss/exercise plan.
    i switched to LYBREL, which i take continuously and when i do go off it (maybe after 4 or 5 months), i don't even bleed at all. yippee! my dr said that was the goal: to create enuf of a lining to "trick" body into tihnking preggo but not enuf that any sloughing is necessary. so for once my body did the ideal thing!

hth.