Need Idea's for Mayo substitude's

Options
2»

Replies

• shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    I put horseradish sauce on my sandwiches now. I do use light mayo to make chicken salad though.
  • Okieace
    Options
    Light Mayo is pretty light on calories right? Why bother with a substitute. Just keep your portions in check.
  • jilld76
    jilld76 Posts: 324
    Options
    I like mayo and have always hated light mayo because it almost tastes sweet. But I recently tried the Hellmann's reduced fat mayo with olive oil and it's actually not bad, even my husband will eat it and he won't eat or even try anything that might be healthy for him.
  • PHATmommy68
    Options
    Olive Oil Mayo is pretty delicious!:smile:
  • ladyhawkgg
    Options
    I have never liked Mayo of any kind. Sub whip topping to a creamy type salad and stuff like that. But guess there is no kind of sub for it. Like someone said just exerice a few more minutes, maybe cut it in half and add sour cream to it. still get the flavor your looking for.
  • here_I_go_again
    here_I_go_again Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I use olive oil mayo by Hellmans
  • fireballaaa
    fireballaaa Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    wow thanks to all of you for your coments great idea's

One question tho where do you find hummus i have heard of this before but have never seen it . is it in the refriderated stuff but the milk and cheese,
  • jilld76
    jilld76 Posts: 324
    Options
    wow thanks to all of you for your coments great idea's

One question tho where do you find hummus i have heard of this before but have never seen it . is it in the refriderated stuff but the milk and cheese,

usually hummus is near the deli, in a refrigerated cooler. I love, love, love, hummus!
  • lad9669
    Options
    I use a variety of Mustards Krogers Hot and sweet mustard is a good subistute.
  • Valcdav
    Valcdav Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    There is no substitute for real home made whole egg mayonnaise. Use less.
  • Valcdav
    Valcdav Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Usually is in the fridge area. But why not make your own. You will know for sure what is contains. It is after all only chick peas, tahini, lemon.