Need to lose 40lbs? Yeah, me too.

Options
I am a recent transplant from livestrong.com. I tried it out. It worked. Unfortunately, I got really lazy and started to eat like my husband, who has a hummingbird-like metabolism. Ack! So the pounds piled back on.

I'd love to find a few friends out there who are in the same boat as I am! I do enjoy working out 3-5 times a week, its the 'watching what I put in my face' part of changing my lifestyle I'm desperate to fix!

A supportive buddy or few would be greeted with open arms! :smile:

Replies

• kreat
    kreat Posts: 136
    Options
    I've got 41 pounds to lose. I work out 6 days a week, and most days I workout in the morning, and then brisk walk in the evening with my fiance for an hour. We just started INSANITY yesterday and gonna try and push through this for the full program. I'm always looking for friends and motivators.
  • lissamok
    Options
    Sent you a request! I have a little less than 40 left to lose, but I am also working to tone myself up. We can do it together :)
  • angelgutierrez
    Options
    Ive got about 32lbs i would like until ive reached my first goal of 130.. Feel free to add me! Having support always makes it easier.
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    As of today I have lost 43 pounds total! (My ticker says 12 because that is just from 2012) so I am telling you. . IT CAN BE DONE! =) I work out 6 days a week, am training for a half marathon in March (full in October), eat 1650+ calories a day and come up with some crazy, yet healthy recipes! It's all about changing things up (exercise AND diet)..

good luck =)
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I need to!
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    i am in the same exact boat!!!! I so need the support!! i was on several other food tracking websites and none of those helped...this one seems to be working only because i can actually communicate with other people who are trying to lose weight and i dont have to log in my food and then just leave...its amazing how people can really help to lose weight! HAHAH!
  • LoriBarefoot
    LoriBarefoot Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I've lost 7 of my 39 lbs. I try to exercise atleast 4 times a week. I believe the more friends the merrier! Feel free to add me! :o)
  • hippychickuk
    hippychickuk Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    20 down, 40 to go.. I actually find the exercise way harder to motivate myself for than controlling the food. But I need to get stronger, need to exercise more! I have gotten better, but know I could do much better still! Feel free to add me, maybe we can help each other!
  • sissyclatone
    sissyclatone Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me!! I just started this site, hoping it goes better than the other sites as well. I have issues with what I call Gluttoney baby syndrome (i stuff my face full of food until I am too full, especially at night!!) I have about 57 pounds to lose!! :flowerforyou:
  • tatiousmarie
    Options
    Sending you a request!
    I'm currently 173.4lbs, and need to get to 135-130lbs. Its a long way to go, but Im trying to work hard at it!
  • anberlingasm
    Options
    I have around 40lb to lose, too, add me if you like!
  • aprilgicker
    aprilgicker Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I have forty to lose. I would love to lose at least 30 in 16 weeks. I have done it before I can do it again and this time I won't get preggers, because I am fixed.
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I am sitting right at about 40 to lose also.. On low carb diet and over 40... add me if you wish :smile:
  • GreenEyedGrl86
    Options
    My first goal is to lose 45lbs. Ideally I'd like to get down 180lbs which means a total loss of 65. Feel free to add me if you like. And I try to work out at least 3 times a week.
  • RhinestoneRocky
    RhinestoneRocky Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I am so happy that so many people have responded! AND So fast too!! Thank you all!! Definitely sending out some requests! You all ROCK!
  • andy2486
    andy2486 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    35 down and 30-40 to go! I was at a low turning point the past few weeks but a friend helped me kick myself back in to gear. I like to think I am "addicted" to working out in that I work out at least 5 days a week if not 6 or 7. My day does not feel complete unless I did my work out. Some days I just get tired of it and I really have to push myself to work out or not to succumb to the food monster and eat the "good looking" food all around me. So I am DEFINATELY looking for a support system of people in the same boat. Feel free to add me! :)
  • JanineHarrison
    JanineHarrison Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I've lost 7 with 33 to go on MFP. I lost a few beforehand using livestong/daily plate to look up food but logged on my own. A friend invited me here and I haven't been back to livestrong. I try to workout as often as I can with a few rest days. I will be your friend if you want me. You can look over my profile and see it you think I'd be a good motivator for you. :smile:
  • bek416
    bek416 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'd LOVE to lose 40..... I turned 40 in 2011 and my body stopped..............doing anything. I hit a wall - no longer have the "drill sergeant" mentality that I used to be able to tap in to and "get after it" -- now you can find me in front of the tv instead of on the elliptical! I just "don't care" - and it's showing! I have done all the diets, all the pills...... everything you can think of...... my results have been the fastest: low carb, the smartest: Weight Watchers. Since the new PointsPLUS program has concentrated on protein and far less empty carbs, it has made the most sense of any plan I've seen.. however! I am a WW abuser from way back, so I weigh in, then eat my weight in food - then expect to lose the next week. This used to work! Ha! Not after 40!!

As of today, I have been at the gym the last two days. This sounds like........no big deal, right? Well, it's a HUGE accomplishment for me. I hate every single minute of exercising. Haaaaaaaaaaaate it. So, it was a big deal for me. I love the way this app works on my phone, I can see little encouraging messages right below my diary - that's completely awesome.

Like I said, I'm 40 - and want to lose 40 (I will be extremely happy with 25, to be honest) -- and I'm going to find my inner drill sergeant which means I won't tolerate any of my new friends not putting in effort! haha... ;-) Add me as a friend if you can handle it!
  • steffihoney
    Options
    I need to lose about 40 more myself. Welcome and I hope you make plenty of friends here!
    I sent you a friend request.
  • hippychickuk
    hippychickuk Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'd LOVE to lose 40..... I turned 40 in 2011 and my body stopped..............doing anything. I hit a wall - no longer have the "drill sergeant" mentality that I used to be able to tap in to and "get after it" -- now you can find me in front of the tv instead of on the elliptical! I just "don't care" - and it's showing! I have done all the diets, all the pills...... everything you can think of...... my results have been the fastest: low carb, the smartest: Weight Watchers. Since the new PointsPLUS program has concentrated on protein and far less empty carbs, it has made the most sense of any plan I've seen.. however! I am a WW abuser from way back, so I weigh in, then eat my weight in food - then expect to lose the next week. This used to work! Ha! Not after 40!!

As of today, I have been at the gym the last two days. This sounds like........no big deal, right? Well, it's a HUGE accomplishment for me. I hate every single minute of exercising. Haaaaaaaaaaaate it. So, it was a big deal for me. I love the way this app works on my phone, I can see little encouraging messages right below my diary - that's completely awesome.

Like I said, I'm 40 - and want to lose 40 (I will be extremely happy with 25, to be honest) -- and I'm going to find my inner drill sergeant which means I won't tolerate any of my new friends not putting in effort! haha... ;-) Add me as a friend if you can handle it!

Love it! You can do it Bek!