weekend help

Options
Ok so i am going out of town to visit my brother this weekend..His wife is cajun and can cook so GOOD!! I am really afraid of ruining my goals completely! Any advice on not over indulging?

Replies

• buffjess
    buffjess Posts: 382
    Options
    Ok so i am going out of town to visit my brother this weekend..His wife is cajun and can cook so GOOD!! I am really afraid of ruining my goals completely! Any advice on not over indulging?
  • heather93277
    Options
    Watch portion sizes :wink:

Also, politely ask if it would be ok for you to go to the grocery store with one of them so that you can get some snacks you'd like to enjoy while there (notice I used the word polite so that no one gets hurt feelings)... and possibly ask if you could treat them to letting you cook a meal for them (which, of course, would be a healthy meal hehe).

I have to do these sorts of things when visiting my sister and she never gets offended... in fact, she enjoys not having to cook dinner one of the nights! :bigsmile:
  • lawkat
    lawkat Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Do you know what she is planning on cooking? You could figure out the calories and know how much of each food you can have. Just remember portion sizes since it is easy to take too much.
  • Shanimal84
    Options
    Yummy! Cajun food! I love being a Southern girl sometimes...

I agree that you need to watch your portion sizes. Also, Cajun food is notoriously salty - so make sure you're drinking plenty of water! Depending on what she's making, you might be okay. Fresh seafood, crawfish, gumbo (watch the rice) and all that can be good. Oh, and watch out if she cooks it super spicy. If your body is accustomed to food that is a little more bland, then it will WRECK your system. Just FYI. Have fun this weekend though! :drinker:
  • MyKids04
    MyKids04 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I just went through this same thing this weekend and I really over did it. I am Puerto Rican and my huband is black and his step mother is the best cook in the world when it comes to soul food. I ate everything.. And she is one of those people if you turn down food she takes it wrong. But I am back on board.
  • MyKids04
    MyKids04 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I just went through this same thing this weekend and I really over did it. I am Puerto Rican and my huband is black and his step mother is the best cook in the world when it comes to soul food. I ate everything.. And she is one of those people if you turn down food she takes it wrong. But I am back on board.
  • buffjess
    buffjess Posts: 382
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I will just have to control my portions and urge to eat till i pass out!! I love cajun food but it just doesnt love me!:laugh: :laugh: Thanks again!
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    HEY GIRL I KNOW IT CAN BE HARD MY SUGGESTION TO YOU IS TO DRINK WATER BEFORE YOU EAT AND TO BECOME FULLER OR GET A SMALL PLATE WITH A SMALL SERVING AND DRINK WATER WITH IT. YOU CAN DO IT IT WILL POWER :happy: 181273.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • tayner
    tayner Posts: 372
    Options
    dont forget to squeeze some exercise in there too somewhere!
  • lawkat
    lawkat Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    It will be okay. I am going to be in a similar situation starting tomorrow through Sunday. I am visiting my parents and my mother always has sweets and baked goods and other oh so good, but oh so bad for you around the house. I am going to pick up some food to bring with me so I don't go over. I am going to factor in a cupcake for my dad's birthday that I get from this great place. I also need to go for a walk since my parents pretty much sit around for a majority of the day. I live in a city, so I tend to walk everywhere and not walking is hard.

You can do it!