FitBit vs. Striiv

Options
I'm really intrigued by both of these devices. I've read a lot on MFP and other sites about the FitBit and people seem to really love it. Do any of you MFPers use the Striiv? How have you liked it? Is it durable? Does it really work in your pocket or keychain? Any kind of information or review will be helpful. I like that neither of these have monthly subscription costs, and that both can be worn/carried discreetly.

Replies

• LoreleiWalks
    LoreleiWalks Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I have never used FitBit, so I will let somebody else comment on that. I have owned a Striiv for about 2 months and I absolutely love it! I carry it in my pocket almost every day and it's tiny enough not to make my clothes look bulging or weird. As far as accuracy, I've tested the mileage/steps against my Omron pedometer and they usually come out with similar results. I have also tested the calories burned against those determined on my HRM. Obviously, the Striiv isn't going to be as accurate as the HRM, but it is usually not too far off (give or take maybe 50-60 calories on average). The "My Land" game is addicting (and I am not much of a game person), and I find that I now go out of my way to walk more, take the stairs, etc. just to get more energy points/money to buy more plants and build more buildings. The walkathon feature is really cool too. I have already walked enough to provide 20 people with a day's worth of clean drinking water. I would recommend the Striiv to anyone who already loves to walk as well as those who are looking for a fun way to become more active. Definitely a worthwhile purchase.