Water consumption???

Options
I know this question has probably been answered a million times, but I'm going to ask anyways...

I need the education :happy:

So... amount of water to drink per day is half of ones weight in ounces, right???

Please correct me if i am wrong!!!

Replies

• JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I say that's the are minimum!!! But a good starting point. Once u start consuming lots of water the weight will fall off!!!!
  • theprices
    theprices Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    There are conflicting reports, as with anything, but I agree with JB ~ drink as much as you can! I aim for 10 glasses a day.
  • dirtbikegirl5
    dirtbikegirl5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I have heard that too. I have also heard minimum of eight 8 oz glasses.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    MFP suggests a minimum of 8 8-ounce glasses a day.
    I suggest working up to 1/2 your body weight in pounds as ounce of water.
    I drink well over 100 ounces a day, and it makes me feel like a million dollars.
    Up to you!
  • ieishab
    ieishab Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I drink half my body weight in ounces a day. I feel great!!

13443612.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • paulamhunt
    paulamhunt Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Does decaf coffee, Crystal light or green tea count towards your water consumption?
  • Vermilla
    Vermilla Posts: 348
    Options
    6-8 cups. If you're exercising or just sweating in the heat, add a few cups to compensate.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Does decaf coffee, Crystal light or green tea count towards your water consumption?

Some will say yes, some will say no. I personally don't count them. But as long as it's low sodium and caffeine free it can count.
  • abellante_0205
    abellante_0205 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    yes thats what they recommend. I sometimes drink more than the recommended! I do not drink anything but water now... You really should try to avoid any drinks that have calories in them or any added stuff into it because it will hurt you in the long run!!! I used to drink pepsi, until a little more than a year ago and I feel so much better now!!! I drank it ocassionally last yr, but this year I'm shooting for a no pepsi year at all!!! :)
  • AmwayMan
    Options
    I will have to aggree with Lizard053 and JenAiMarres. I too drink well over 100oz a day, and the weight seems like it just falls off.
  • lyndsei
    lyndsei Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I say that's the are minimum!!! But a good starting point. Once u start consuming lots of water the weight will fall off!!!!
    That is what I am hoping!!
  • lyndsei
    lyndsei Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for all the feedback! :drinker:
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Just watch your pee. You want it to be pale yellow....if it becomes clear, you have gone too far. ;) hope that helps.
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options

That is a lot of water! And let me just say, I got distracted by the post because your boobs in your profile pic are amazing! LOL!
  • jpogany
    Options
    YES. Thank you mamamc. There is a such thing as dringking TOO much free water. 1/2 your weight in pounds is safe, but like she said, watch what comes out, this is a very good indicator of what your balance is.
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options

Some will say yes, some will say no. I personally don't count them. But as long as it's low sodium and caffeine free it can count.

LOL let's not open up that can of worms!
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options

I will count CL but I only have one packet a day. Other than that I only count pure water!

LOL let's not open up that can of worms!
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I count water and CL. I normally drink 12 cups per day, but I am going to try and increase it to 16 cups/day.