How often does everyone weigh themselves?

Options
And what kind of scale do you recommend? I have a digital weight watchers one that usually says i'm 3 pounds heavier than my regular scale....I used to weigh myself everyday but now I do it once a week and find it to be better since I would get really discouraged when I say i gained and lost through out the week....

Replies

• MrsSullivan08
    MrsSullivan08 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I weigh numerous times throughout the week and get discouraged but I only usually record it one day a week...
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Once a month.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i just use a digital scale i got from target, dont even remember the brand.
    i used to weigh in every day, now i do once a month
  • niightwind
    Options
    I record my weight every Monday on MFP, but weigh myself daily as its part of my daily body test on wii fit.
  • Tybalt71
    Tybalt71 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    Every Sunday on my non training day
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Digital $20 scale from Target (which weighed me in 5.5 lbs higher than my previous one), and I weigh "officially" on Monday mornings (and unofficially every day).
  • ash190489
    ash190489 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week... every Friday morning before breakfast & after I have visited the bathroom! Your body fluctuates each day due to fluid, so weighing yourself everyday is not the way to do it. Even once a week is too often, fortnightly or monthly is usually what I have heard dieticians recommend and they also say we should measure ourselves with a measuring tape than to go onto the scales.

However, when I first began I did weigh myself more than once a week (every second day) and it really is discouraging when it goes up and then I banned myself from weighing myself everyday unless it was a Friday & now after 2 months (8 weeks) I only check it once a week, it's much more accurate.

Good luck xx
  • scarrletti_girl
    scarrletti_girl Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself way to often more then I should lol
  • thecrossfitter
    thecrossfitter Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I recommend a tape measurer and a camera! Right now I weigh around 145lbs but I'm the same size (literally wearing the same pants) from when I was 19 and 127lbs.

My starting weight here is 150lbs. I dropped to a low point of 142, and then went back up some. My weight is pretty much somewhere in a range of 142-148 now (I call myself 145 for simplicity sake). Point being, weight has been a very lousy way to track my progress. It was useful a few years ago when I was a bit heavier - I think it's very useful if you have some serious weight to lose. But if you're not seriously overweight or obese, it may not be your best tool to track progress.

(Aug, Sept, Nov, Dec)
    Screenshot2011-12-13at21427PM-1.png

That said, I usually hop on the scale now once a month out of sheer curiosity.
  • zenJes
    zenJes Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week, but i also take measurements once a week and then take photos of myself every 6 weeks, highly recommend the later two as well.. the last time i was 78kg (the heaviest i have ever been) i was a size 16 (nz) however now im back at that weight but a size 12. So if your doing lots of exercise the scales can be your worst enemy!!
    This is me over 6 weeks where i gained 2.4kg
    medec-feb.jpg
  • 10kaday
    10kaday Posts: 177
    Options
    Almost daily. Whenever I think about it.... usually first thing in the morning is my rule, otherwise I don't do it. Expect it to go up and down. Don't get hung up when it goes up but celebrate when it goes down!
  • Kandygirl
    Kandygirl Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    i weigh every monday and measure every two weeks.
  • katemiddletonisawesome
    Options
    I weigh numerous times throughout the week and get discouraged but I only usually record it one day a week...

LOL! Same :-) I usually just weigh myself everyday to see if I can afford to have a few extra goodies or if I should stick to uber healthy that day.
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every Friday at 8am and I measure myself every 2 weeks on Sunday. The scale I use is the Wii Fit balance board set at +- 0 because I weigh naked after doing my bathroom business and doing a little exercise.
  • LATeagno
    LATeagno Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I'm a daily weigher. I weigh in the mornings after waking up.

I log all losses no matter when they occur. I'll only log gains if they stick around for 5 days.

That's my method! :)
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    How often do I weigh?

"Weigh" too often.

<insert polite but totally forced and slightly pained laughter for my very bad pun>
  • duetwithjosh
    Options
    Once a week... every Thursday! :) I'm also taking upper body pictures, but have seen next to no compositional changes in the past month :/ I've had two people tell me that my face looks thinner, though, so hopefully that's true :)
  • SilverStrychnine
    SilverStrychnine Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Once week! I use regular digital scales.
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options

LOL! Same :-) I usually just weigh myself everyday to see if I can afford to have a few extra goodies or if I should stick to uber healthy that day.

That's partially why I weigh so often; the other part is to motivate me to get off my butt and exercise a bit more. The extra lb that wasn't there the night before might be from water, but JUST IN CASE...
  • joseph9
    joseph9 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Every morning - I use the hacker's diet site to plot a trendline so that I don't stress out about day to day variations. I have an Omron body fat scale, which is fine, but think Tanita might be a little better. I also take measurements once a week.