2»

Replies

• Rahul_ahuja
    Options
    I will recommed yurbuds they are best
  • sdrawkcabynot
    sdrawkcabynot Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    JVC HA FX8-W Riptidz were inexpensive and are awesome. I had a problem with my apple earphones getting sweat in them and not working so I replaced them with this one. They come with 3 different sizes that you can put on the actual earphones.
  • Danpellizzari
    Options
    I use Wicked earphones. They're not to expensive and they have push button talking. They also come with different size ear buds for comfort.
  • cpuag01
    Options
    I hated running with the wire hanging down, so I went with these (also Bluetooth)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Motorola+-+S10-HD+Bluetooth+Stereo+Headphones/1326039.p?id=1218250638355&skuId=1326039&st=s10-hd&cp=1&lp=1

I wear them (almost) every time I run, without any problems.
  • kit8kat
    kit8kat Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I am spoilt for choice!!!

Thank you all very much :-)
  • jamfan
    jamfan Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I use the skull candy earphones w/ the rubber tips and they're pretty comfy & sound good. Ocassionally I have to push them in a bit but nothing excessive. As far as an armband DO NOT buy a Griffen Aero Sport. Its comfy & works well but I tried to wash mine, because the case can clip off of the armband, in luke warm water w/ a drop of dish soap & the damn thing fell apart. They all get smelly. Find one you can wash. & if you have big arms yo may be in trouble finding one that fits so check the stores return policy.
  • kit8kat
    Options
    I use the skull candy earphones w/ the rubber tips and they're pretty comfy & sound good. Ocassionally I have to push them in a bit but nothing excessive. As far as an armband DO NOT buy a Griffen Aero Sport. Its comfy & works well but I tried to wash mine, because the case can clip off of the armband, in luke warm water w/ a drop of dish soap & the damn thing fell apart. They all get smelly. Find one you can wash. & if you have big arms yo may be in trouble finding one that fits so check the stores return policy.

That's really useful advice re: the arm band. Thank you.

I have small (ish) arms so I'm hoping that I won't have any problems with the fit. :-)
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    If you are going to be running or walking outside, I wouldnt do headphones in your ears.

Just curious, why is that? I have always used the ones in my ears and I run outside all the time.

Its so you are aware of whats around you, even other runners and bikers, I know last year in Dallas a runner wearing headphones ran right in front of a bicyclist using the same trail, she ended up dieing from her injuries...
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    If you are going to be running or walking outside, I wouldnt do headphones in your ears.

Just curious, why is that? I have always used the ones in my ears and I run outside all the time.

She's probably saying that for safety reasons. You couldn't hear someone coming up behind you. I still use mine outside, though.

Ah, gotcha, I just keep my volume a little lower when I'm running alone outside. I also carry pepper spray haha

I might have to invest in some pepper spray then, and a mini baseball bat. LOL

Very sensible advice - I shall make sure I turn my volume down too.

I feel a little paranoid but I actually have 2 different mace/pepper spray things! One goes in my purse and looks like a big tube of lipstick, and I have another I carry when I run that actually has an elastic band that straps to my hand. Super convenient!
  • taramaureen
    taramaureen Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Unless you are a real audiophile don't spend too much money on earphones. I just buy the cheapie ones from Walmart so when I loose them I don't get upset. I find the sound and comfort to be very adequate.

The cheap ones always fall out of my ears or get gunky from sweat on my long runs. Or get mispositioned. It really is worth the money if you're running a lot to have decent earphoes.
  • taramaureen
    taramaureen Posts: 569 Member
    Options

That's really useful advice re: the arm band. Thank you.

I have small (ish) arms so I'm hoping that I won't have any problems with the fit. :-)

You might also just consider getting a back clip and cliping it to the inside of your bra. This is what I do because I don't want anything on my arm.
  • LSkelton29
    Options
    If you are going to wear earphones/ear bugs while walking or running be very careful. We had a high school girl back home who was listening to "her music" and stepped out into traffic. She didn't finish high school. Please be aware of your surroundings.
  • kit8kat
    Options
    If you are going to wear earphones/ear bugs while walking or running be very careful. We had a high school girl back home who was listening to "her music" and stepped out into traffic. She didn't finish high school. Please be aware of your surroundings.

Thank you for your advice LSkelton, I shall make sure I keep myself safe :-))
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options

I use these. Very soft and they come in 3 sizes. They look weird but stay put! Sound quality is great too.

And for armbands I use this brand:
    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=electronics&field-keywords=tune+belt