Race-wear question

Options
I have a half marathon coming up this Sunday (yay!) I never wear something brand new during a race like that, just because I don't want to run the risk of chafing or anything. The forecast where I live changes from day to day, it's like the weather here has multiple personalities, so I wasn't 100% sure what the weather would be like for the race until now. It looks like it's going to be a bit chilly, but all of my cold-weather running leggings are now too big. Great problem to have, but now it looks like I'll have to get new leggings---right before race day.

Do you think if I get a pair today and go for a light test jog in them, then wash them, they'll be good to go for race day? Thanks!

Replies

• 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Do you think if I get a pair today and go for a light test jog in them, then wash them, they'll be good to go for race day? <I think so, yes. I personally like wearing brand new workout clothes! it feels good :)
  • theginnyray
    theginnyray Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    What do you wear for training? Or do you train inside?
    I would suggest trying to get the same style of legging that is too big, but in your current size.
    Good luck tho! I always heard that rule and thought it was a good idea - and then once I didn't follow it. Wore a different tank top in a race, my under-arm was chafed for like two weeks.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    What do you wear for training? Or do you train inside?
    I would suggest trying to get the same style of legging that is too big, but in your current size.
    Good luck tho! I always heard that rule and thought it was a good idea - and then once I didn't follow it. Wore a different tank top in a race, my under-arm was chafed for like two weeks.

I wear those style leggings when I run outside (if it's cold) so hopefully if I wash em first they'll be ok. Thanks!