Wedding Song

Options

Replies

• LauraS916
    LauraS916 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I had two.. One in English and the other in spanish (for my mexican side)

You are not alone- by Michael Jackson
    Si Nos Dejan (if they let us)- Sung that day by my Husband w his father's Mariachi Band :)
  • Melany502
    Melany502 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Into the Mystic - Van Morrison
  • KidP
    KidP Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I occasionally play in a wedding band. Some popular song choices for first dances are At Last (Etta James) & January Wedding (the Avett Brothers). I've Had the Time of My Life seems to be a pretty popular request too, though not for a first song.
  • Chaquilas
    Chaquilas Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    WEDDING PARTY MARCH-AMEL LARRIEUX- MAKE ME WHOLE(WE CONSIDERED THIS OUR WEDDING SONG)
    BRIDE MARCH-YOU ARE SO BEAUTIFUL(BABYFACE VERSION)
    FIRST DANCE-YOU-JESSE POWELL
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I am getting married in July and I haven't even thought of this!!! LOL I guess I should start thinking of something eh?? LOl
    At least this forum will give me ideas.
  • sarawoertink
    sarawoertink Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    We danced to 'Boats and Birds' by Gregory and the Hawk. It's not a common song, but it's really pretty
  • BassesGirl
    BassesGirl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I will be walking down the aisle to "Something" by the Beatles (instrumental)

Our first dance will be to our song, "Faithfully" by Journey :)
  • FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Aerosmith's "Don't Want To Miss A Thing."
    But we arranged to have the volume fade out near the end where Steven Tyler starts his scream-singing.
  • lruff1987
    lruff1987 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Let It Be Me by Ray Lamontagne was ours!!
  • FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I am getting married in July and I haven't even thought of this!!! LOL I guess I should start thinking of something eh?? LOl
    At least this forum will give me ideas.

Here's an idea: My daughter is also getting married in July. She played for me what will be their first dance song....Adele's "One and Only." I'd never heard it before, and it was so perfect for them, it made me cry.
  • ItsJustK
    ItsJustK Posts: 159 Member
    Options

kick *kitten*.
  • Being2befit
    Being2befit Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    we danced to a traditional russian folk slow songs :) very romatic but i loved dancing to if tomorrow never comes..
  • wiggleroom
    wiggleroom Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    "I Will Be Here" by Steven Curtis Chapman, and "Fly Me to the Moon" by Sinatra. Another song we liked but didn't wind up using was "Say Once More" by Amy Grant. Our 20th will be in December! :heart:

Danced with my daddy to Unforgettable. Wonderful memory ... he passed away just a few years later, so that song always gets me.

I've recently been to a wedding where they danced to "The Luckiest" by Ben Folds. (Great song, but what a jerky guy ...)

(Here's a link to the lyrics for "I Will Be Here" - http://www.romantic-lyrics.com/wedding/li153.shtml)

Oh! I also love SCC's other song, "We Will Dance" but I think that's more for an anniversary or vow renewal ... hm ... an idea is forming ...
  • Skeemer118
    Skeemer118 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    "Son of a preacher man" by Aretha Franklin

My hubby is the son of a preacher. :):love:
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    "Have I Told You Lately" by Rod Stewart.
  • EMarvie
    EMarvie Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I walked down the isle to a live singer - she sang - Somewhere over the rainbow - it was beautiful

wedding song : The way you look tonight - by Michael Buble
  • Faseret
    Options
    Our first dance was to "In my life" by the Beatles. Still makes me weepy....
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Not married.. But some I songs I had thought about possibly using in 98371256 years when I find the right person:

"Magic (iTunes Session)" - Colbie Caillat
    "Then (Piano version)" - Brad Paisley
    "This I Promise You" - Nsync (Pretty song.. C'mon..)
  • littlesis412
    littlesis412 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    It will probably be "Hold On" by Michael Buble.