HELP - I Just Had All My Teeth Pulled

Options
drummergirl61
drummergirl61 Posts: 13 Member
Yes...Two days ago I had all my teeth pulled and came home with dentures (which I cannot wear just yet). You would think getting all your teeth pulled would be enough to help you lose those pounds....but it seems like a lot of the foods I can manage to eat are all sweet. Need some savory ideas...Thanks! Oh......my mouth hurts :)

Replies

• PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    SOUP! Boil a potato and some veg until very soft, mash it up with some milk, butter, and spices.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    bacon milkshake
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    you can make "mashed potatoes" type food with califlower. Boil and blend the same way and I like to add a bit of garlic salt...yummy...
  • princessputz
    princessputz Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Protein Shakes & lots of them.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I used to get Taco Bell Pintos and Cheese when my braces were tightened. Soft and tasty.
  • rollycollysmama
    Options
    my mom had the same thing done about 6 months ago, she ate a lot of soups and jello, but for whatever reason the Dentist told her NO RED JELLO lol. She also ate mashed potatos a lot. Lol I know its not great ideas, but its better than starving to death Lol
  • sjackson1717
    sjackson1717 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, cream of wheat, protein shakes, soups and mashed yams. yummy!
  • beccasalo
    Options
    OUCH! How about protein smoothies?

I hope you feel better soon!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Hmm refried beans? :D
  • Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Well, you're body is healing so keep this in mind. I agree with the soup ideas, but make for sure it is pureed food since you don't want any bits or pieces to get stuck. You can put pretty much anything in a blender or food processor if it is cooked soft enough. I really hope you get well soon!
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt with chocolate protein powder mixed in. You can add a pinch of sweetener if you'd like. It's delicious.

I hope you feel better very soon.

ETA: Plain yogurt, I meant.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Yes...Two days ago I had all my teeth pulled and came home with dentures (which I cannot wear just yet). You would think getting all your teeth pulled would be enough to help you lose those pounds....but it seems like a lot of the foods I can manage to eat are all sweet. Need some savory ideas...Thanks! Oh......my mouth hurts :)
    Ouch!

All the best for a very speedy healing process OP!

I go with soup as somebody else suggested. How long will it be before you can eat properly again do you think?
  • slrrese
    slrrese Posts: 180 Member
    Options
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Why did they remove all your teeth?
  • catelabow
    catelabow Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Mashed baked beans?
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    my mom had the same thing done about 6 months ago, she ate a lot of soups and jello, but for whatever reason the Dentist told her NO RED JELLO lol. She also ate mashed potatos a lot. Lol I know its not great ideas, but its better than starving to death Lol

Curious!! I wonder why no red jello, did he not say why not?
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    mashed potatoes and gravy. YUM! Also, soup is your best friend. drink your dinner.
  • change_happens
    Options
    bacon milkshake

lol
  • rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    bacon milkshake

+1
  • minadeathclutch
    minadeathclutch Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    ouch:( hope you feel better soon! everyone gave great ideas!

soups.
    GRITS!
    you can also get those hot cereal things.. i forget the name, but theres cinnabon ones and chocolate ones,