I know you all probably know this, but.....

Options
GTOgirl1969
GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
I just wanted to give y'all a heads-up about LimeWire. DON'T GET IT!!! EVER!!!! I just finished reformatting my hard drive and reinstalling my OS because some moron downloaded a bunch of crap on LimeWire and viruses ran roughshod on my PC. :explode: It's working great now, but just wanted to warn y'all.

Replies

• GTOgirl1969
    Options
    I just wanted to give y'all a heads-up about LimeWire. DON'T GET IT!!! EVER!!!! I just finished reformatting my hard drive and reinstalling my OS because some moron downloaded a bunch of crap on LimeWire and viruses ran roughshod on my PC. :explode: It's working great now, but just wanted to warn y'all.
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    limewire is the devil!:devil:
    it burned a hole right into my computer.
    it would have been cheaper for me to just pay for the music than to pay all of the money i did on computer repairs.
  • GTOgirl1969
    Options
    I'm now taking all my CDs and ripping them to my PC, no more downloading for me!! Learned my lesson and I'm just glad I am tech-savvy enough that I was able to fix my PC.
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    That's what happened to our desktop computer...had to be reformatted and everything...

I use FrostWire
  • GTOgirl1969
    Options
    That's what happened to our desktop computer...had to be reformatted and everything...

I use FrostWire

what's FrostWire? Never heard of it.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    but if you have a Mac, you're fine- I have been using limewire for years on my Mac, and have had no problems whatsoever. viruses, worms, nothing can hurt my mac:love:

I:heart: my mac:bigsmile:
  • magichatter06
    Options

I use FrostWire

what's FrostWire? Never heard of it.

It's very similar to LimeWire...but I think it's a lot better...just type it into google and it should be the first link that pops up...
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    but if you have a Mac, you're fine- I have been using limewire for years on my Mac, and have had no problems whatsoever. viruses, worms, nothing can hurt my mac:love:

I have plenty of apple viruses that I can send you, you want some?

I have my linux box with clam antivirus on it, come try to attack MY machine, you won't get veryfar, with IPCHAINS and my AV, you won't even catch a sniff!
  • GTOgirl1969
    Options
    Just looked @ it...looks promising but if and when I download it I'll make sure I have ironclad virus and malware protection first. Thanks for the info.:happy:
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    And people STOP IT. Stop playing with the P2P crap will you!!! This is how viruses go from a nusence to a disaster! There's nothing you can do with P2P that you can't do by 5 or 10 other methods! Trust me.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    Banksy, you get testy when I bring up my love for Mr. Jobs....:embarassed:

where do you get your free music downloads?
  • magichatter06
    Options
    And people STOP IT. Stop playing with the P2P crap will you!!! This is how viruses go from a nusence to a disaster! There's nothing you can do with P2P that you can't do by 5 or 10 other methods! Trust me.

I second on where you get music for free!?

I've used a couple of other free downloadable sites... I guess they are considered P2P tho..:huh:
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
    Macs rule!!!!!
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    lookout for Banksy- he is a mac hater:huh:

:tongue:
  • SHBoss1673
    Options

cuz I am a mac hater. Mac is the *kitten* child of linux and a texas instruments calculator! :tongue:

Oh, and I PAY for my music, cuz getting free music is illegal. Except for NIN, which is free (you can download it off their website).
  • magichatter06
    Options

cuz I am a mac hater. Mac is the *kitten* child of linux and a texas instruments calculator! :tongue:

Oh, and I PAY for my music, cuz getting free music is illegal. Except for NIN, which is free (you can download it off their website).

I thought that they dropped that lawsuit about music being illegal? The record labels or certain artists dropped it?
  • SHBoss1673
    Options

I thought that they dropped that lawsuit about music being illegal? The record labels or certain artists dropped it?

Dropped what lawsuit? People still get arrested for illegal downloads, you just don't hear about it a lot anymore cuz it's not sexy like it was in 2005. You're talking about the record companies suing napster right? That didn't really have anything to do with the people using napster. There are still plenty of P2P apps out there with plenty of people pirating music on them. It's still illegal.
  • magichatter06
    Options

Dropped what lawsuit? People still get arrested for illegal downloads, you just don't hear about it a lot anymore cuz it's not sexy like it was in 2005. You're talking about the record companies suing napster right? That didn't really have anything to do with the people using napster. There are still plenty of P2P apps out there with plenty of people pirating music on them. It's still illegal.

lol maybe I don't know what I am talking about... I guess I don't hear about it anymore...that's why i thought they quit with the whole dling music being illegal...

I'm such a rule breaker :devil:

lol ok haven't in a while but still lol
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    lol maybe I don't know what I am talking about... I guess I don't hear about it anymore...that's why i thought they quit with the whole dling music being illegal...

admit nothing, especially in the written word. :wink:

seriously though, be careful with it. I have friends (sort of), who have been fined quite heavilly for it, and one who got 2 years probation for a bunch of music, and a couple of pirated movies. Plus that dude had to pay a (GET THIS), 10,000.00 dollar fine. Can you belive it? Crazy. Granted he had like 25K songs on his computer, but still.
  • magichatter06
    Options

admit nothing, especially in the written word. :wink:

seriously though, be careful with it. I have friends (sort of), who have been fined quite heavilly for it, and one who got 2 years probation for a bunch of music, and a couple of pirated movies. Plus that dude had to pay a (GET THIS), 10,000.00 dollar fine. Can you belive it? Crazy. Granted he had like 25K songs on his computer, but still.

Good advice...

OmG that is pretty crazy....the music that is definitely not on my computer doesn't exceed like 60...
    Now, I could see pirated movies... it's crazy how people just bring video cameras into movie theaters too...