lost all motivation

Options
My motivation for losing weight has gone :( i still count calories but im ALWAYS over... I just keep getting cravings for sweet food and eat loads of crap. HELP!!

Replies

• harrietk94
    harrietk94 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm in exactly the same boat as you at the moment I binge feel guilty tell myself that I'll be good tomorrow and then binge again the next day! Plus I've gotto wear a bikini in 5 weeks! :(
  • scdccs
    Options
    distact urself. i find if i seriously will not to eat it i will eventually just not want it. soo if ur craving just go o hey mayb i can take a shower, lets go for a walk, kids, huz/wife/gf/bf, anything like that should help til it passes:)
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    If the sweets have your attention no matter what you do, try cutting down your sweets-at-a-time intake to half of it. This method honestly helped me a lot, because I am in LURVE with caramel apples and Old Spaghetti Factory dishes (not sweets, but fat-butt calories like whoa) like no other. I try to only eat half of whatever I get that I *smacks hand* shouldn't really be having, and then I get the other half later that night or the next day.

And let me tell you, there is no winning like opening the fridge to awesomeness in "acceptable" portions in the morning. :love:
  • kd80538
    kd80538 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Sugarless gum and fruit are my weapons of choice...doesn't always work, but usually gives me enough time to think about how bad I really want whatever it is I'm craving. Hang in there!
  • luvnthenewme
    luvnthenewme Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    What was your motivation to begin with? Sometimes we just need to remember WHY we are trying to lose weight or become more healthy. Of course, getting some encouragement doesn't hurt either! So.... YOU CAN DO IT!!! Every little bit you do is a step in the right direction! Don't let setbacks bring you down! Get up and Get busy!!! :) Hope that helps a little :)
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    My motivation for losing weight has gone :( i still count calories but im ALWAYS over... I just keep getting cravings for sweet food and eat loads of crap. HELP!!

That often happens when you are getting stale.

You may need to change things from what you eat, how you log, exercise and the days you do it on including the time you do those workouts. In fact, change ANYTHING to bring some freshness back.

Perhaps give yourself some stiff challenges, do you go to a gym whereby they do challenges on any of the cardio machines for instance, aim for those. Or do you run, what about entering some races, aim for in a few months time if you need to get fitter....
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    listen to yourself, find what's important for you and let yourself go. weight loss and dieting is just one category of our lives.
  • rougette66
    rougette66 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    you can't give up. You just have to figure out a portion control thing. don't deny yourself your cravings just limit them. I used to eat sweets all the time. but i started only having them at a certain time of the day. plus i started stocking up on more fruits and would eat them instead. the cravings WILL go away you just need to convince yourself more
  • rudy8574
    Options
    You seem to have done awesome so far. I think you should just keep your eye on the
    prize and not beat yourself up about cheating once in awhile. You should also take a closer
    look at what you are craving. Maybe your body is needing something in the form of a supplement
    or a vitamin. Hang in there.
  • FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! I see that you've lost 15 lbs already! You hit a rough spot, but don't let it become habit. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and give it another go. Remind yourself why you want to lose weight, then ask yourself how badly you want it. If you want it badly enough, you know what to do!! Nobody else can find YOUR motivation for you. C'mon, you can do it!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • LolaGotThin
    LolaGotThin Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Just use your willpower. I noticed that after a few weeks of not caving, most of my cravings went away. Then my TOM turned up and I gave in to a teeny bag of Salt and Vinegar potato chips but that was it, I swear! :> Little indulgences aren't bad. Just don't consistently binge or cave.
  • Urjofran
    Options
    Try to drink a glas of water before you eat sweet things, that fills the stomach ( is the word right? I´m from germany) or brush your teeth, that takes away the hungry feeling
  • lauraOOOO
    lauraOOOO Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I am in the exact same boat! add me if you would like :)
  • lagcrg
    lagcrg Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you at least with the SWEETS and going over calories...but not lost motivation...I still push myself to workout but almost always(in the last couple weeks) go over calories. I decided I don't really care what my weight is as long as I like myself and how I look, but don't take that wrong I am currently weighing 162 and have been for a couple months, plus I fight weigh gain because of thyroid issues, but I know if I stick with my workouts and slowly stop binging I will begin losing again. I have also set smaller goals like how much to workout for the week vs. how much I want to lose. Bottom line is DON"T GIVE UP!! You may have a week or two of over cals but once those cravings pass you'll get right back at it.
  • morgansmama
    morgansmama Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I had a really tough time cutting out unneccessary eating, especially chocolate! I would eat so much that I would have to exercise a lot just to get back down under my calorie intake. I read about a technique that works, though, and it's helped me a LOT. I don't eat chocolate anymore, except in small small small amounts. BRUSH YOUR TEETH everytime you want to eat something that you know you shouldn't have. It takes your mind off it, and with your mouth full of mint, you won't want to ruin the freshness with food. Also, the mint mixes with the food that you eat and creates a bad taste (most of the time). Try it out at least! :)
  • Ironyb
    Ironyb Posts: 30
    Options
    When you lose motivation, get down to bra and panties, turn whatever kinda of music you like on, get a mirror and sweat. Well at least that works for me. Feeling sexy and free at whatever size seems to help boost my spirits. But just keep pushing you might be close to your breakthrough.. Hope you find what works for you :)
  • Zino1
    Zino1 Posts: 5
    Options
    some information i found that may help.

Limiting your caloric intake through dieting can be a tricky business because your body naturally generates more ghrelin, the hunger hormone, when it thinks you're in danger of starvation. That kick-starts your appetite, which can then open up a Pandora's box of cravings.

An interesting aspect of dieting and food cravings is that the calorie restriction isn't the sole contributor for a spike in daydreams about doughnuts. Rather, research indicates that anxiety or boredom surrounding dieting is more to blame. For that reason, experts stress the importance of variety in your diet. There appears to be an inverse relationship between the amount of a certain food you eat and the frequency that you crave it
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    OP read your own profile again and what you put regarding your anniversary. You can do this you know, you've done great up until now, don't give up x
  • sunshineskiddo
    sunshineskiddo Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Is it wrong that i'm smiling so big that I to am doing the exact same things! I keep telling myself that tomorrow I will do better but I'm just so tired and never wanna exercise and I get all blah and just pig out lol :ohwell:
  • karen27scott
    Options
    Im totally the same right now :( i was doing so well, lost 28lbs and started looking and feeling so much better, i havnt even logged in to mfp in 3 days, but tonight i realised im really off track, thats why im here, i was going to start a thread like this until i saw this one, i am desperate to get back to my healthier eating but im craving so many sweet things and fatty foods, (will try the brushing the teeth thing tho) please anyone that can offer any kind of support, encouragement anything realy please add me, thanks.