What are good, healthy meals for a 15 min break at work?

Options
Hi, My work always schedules me through dinner. I only work part-time, so my break is only 15 min. I try to eat before work, but then I am usually starving after, and it's usually too late to eat. I brought a microwave meal but by the time I heated it up and waited for it to cool down my break was over! Any suggestions?

Replies

• bugs5697
    Options
    Not sure what types of food you like....but I've found this list to really help!

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes_menus/recipe_slideshows/100_calorie_snacks

Happy eating well!!!
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    If I'm going to go with microwave, I go with something to reheat, rather than actually microcook. That way they tend not to over heat so badly. I'll bring leftovers from dinner or something I know just needs a quick reheat. Since you brought a microwave meal, i'm guessing that means you have a fridge. Here are some ideas:

1. Salad with grilled chicken or deli ham.
    2. Homemade bacon, egg and cheese on English muffin. You can heat this up for about 15 seconds to get it to the right temp. Fairly good calorie count.
    3. BLT works fairly well, too. Put lettuce on both sides of tomato to keep the bread dry.

That's all I can think of at the moment. One other thing-if you do heat something up that's too hot, put it in a cool container afterward. It'll cool faster that way.

HTH