Avoided the scale for 3 weeks

Options
bexxgirl
bexxgirl Posts: 260 Member
..because I was getting fixated and obsessed about it, so needed to break the habit.

The pay-off came today when I weighed in and I'd lost 3kgs! (6.6lbs).

YUSSS!!!! :drinker:

Replies

• tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! I'm the exact opposite I like to weigh myself every morning to stay on track.
  • beach_chelle
    Options
    That's great, that is what I should do!
  • bexxgirl
    Options
    Well, the way I was looking at it was this:

I don't like getting obsessed about it and I didn't like the highs and lows that came with weighing all the time.

Also, I figured that regardless of what the scale says, I'm not going to throw in the towel and go back to my old ways. This is a change for life, so I wanted to stop letting the scales rule my emotions!
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Well done on the weight loss :flowerforyou: The scale sit there calling every morning - I know I shouldn't weigh daily becasue of normal fluctuations, but I can't resist jumping on. At least if I sneak up a bit I know to change whatever it is I was doing the days prior!
  • pangela13
    pangela13 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I LIKE TO CHECK IT EVERYDAY JUST TO MAKE SURE I AM HEADING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION. GOOD JOB ON YOUR WEIGHTLOSS.
  • fitnfancy80
    fitnfancy80 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I am going to do the same. The scale is making me crazy.
  • Sixleafclover
    Sixleafclover Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean about the fixation thing. I decided to go 30 days without weighing myself. Only 5 days left!! hahaha... And it hasn't been easy not jumping on that freaking scale.....

Congrats on the loss!! :D
  • EAGINOCCHIO
    Options
    OMG....Was weighing my self every day, but I went away, was very good, but had to rely on others to cook my food. I mean I would order a veggie egg white omlette dry, but how do I know they didn't use something, etc, also had a few drinks. Got home after 5 days and thrilled I didn't gain any weight. It was a bit disappointing that I didn't loose, and I was SO good, but I didn't track, cuz I couldn't...So I'm holding off until Sunday, to see if I've lost since returning Monday. Its amazing, I have to fight with myself in the bathroom each morning not to get on...maybe I'm move the scale....
  • rica0111
    Options
    so nice! i wish we can "like" posts here! very well said! congrats to you! :)
    Well, the way I was looking at it was this:

I don't like getting obsessed about it and I didn't like the highs and lows that came with weighing all the time.

Also, I figured that regardless of what the scale says, I'm not going to throw in the towel and go back to my old ways. This is a change for life, so I wanted to stop letting the scales rule my emotions!
  • tangiesharp
    tangiesharp Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I think I need to do the same. I'm ashamed to say I weigh myself 3-4 times a day. That's a bit neurotic. Ah, change is hard.
  • bexxgirl
    Options
    It was tempting at first, but then I put the scale away in a drawer! I'm lucky I had MFP to help keep me focused, because I can certainly understand how some people need the weigh-ins to keep motivated.

Think I'm going to stick to fortnightly from now on. It makes the changes seem less painfully slow!!
  • mommy2girlies
    mommy2girlies Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    That is amazing! Very nice! I wish I had the will power to give up the scale for even 48 hrs!
  • caramkoala
    caramkoala Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I tried to go a month without weighing before. I lasted 6 days. Now I can go 7 days easily but I get a bit miffed that the weight loss is a lot slower than it was. It's still good weight loss, just not as fast as in the beginning. When it gets too frustrating, I might go out to ten days or two weeks. If you can do it, I can too!
  • tz2187
    tz2187 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I get on the scale every morning...it's crazy. Maybe in a few weeks I will challenge myself to stay clear of it..but not yet. lol
  • junyr
    junyr Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day after handling my "business" and before any intake of food/drink. I can deal just fine with the daily fluctuations and like to review the previous day when I see a large spike. Most times it's water weight due to over-sodium.
  • jakejosh531
    Options
    luv that I decided to weigh myself every two weeks, it can get obssesive and I'm strong enough to stick to my eat plan so there should'nt be a prob!
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    that's an awesome idea! Think I might try it... I was up 3 lbs this morning and it's sure is discouraging.
  • sarahp86
    sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I need to do the same because I obsess with weighing myself! I only log once a week but I find it easier to stay on track
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!