Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Hungry Girl's EZ Egg Faux Young. HUMUNGOUS serving. 157 calo

Boingo1
Boingo1 Posts: 205 Member
I had this for supper tonight. It was giant! So good, and SO filling! And best of all, it really did taste like Egg Foo Young!

EZ Egg Faux Young

PER SERVING (entire recipe, about 4 pancakes with gravy): 157 calories, 1g fat, 763mg sodium, 15g carbs, 4g fiber, 5g sugars, 21.5g protein -- PointsPlus® value 4*

Super-simple and lighter than any egg foo young you'd get at a restaurant...

Ingredients:
3/4 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
1 1/2 cups roughly chopped bagged broccoli cole slaw
1/3 cup mushroom gravy
Spices: black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, ground ginger
Optional topping: chopped scallions

Directions:
In a large bowl, whisk egg substitute with a dash of each spice until well mixed.

Bring a large skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat. Cook and stir broccoli slaw until mostly softened, about 5 minutes.

Stir broccoli slaw into egg mixture in the bowl.

Remove skillet from heat, re-spray, and bring to medium-high heat. Add mixture in evenly spaced 1/4-cup heaps (about 4), working in batches as needed; use a spatula to flatten and form into small pancakes. Cook for 1 - 2 minutes per side, until golden brown and cooked through.

In a small microwave-safe bowl, microwave gravy for 30 seconds, or until hot. Pour over pancakes or serve on the side!

MAKES 1 SERVING

Replies

• cbl40
    cbl40 Posts: 281 Member
    That sounds delicious! Thank you for posting!
  • SwtKittN
    SwtKittN Posts: 176 Member
    Bump :) I love chinese food.. :D
  • tyra47
    tyra47 Posts: 97
    sounds great
  • Raihaanah
    Raihaanah Posts: 121 Member
    thanks for the recipe, going to my kitchen to make this right now!.. I love me some egg foo young,but sadly though:sad: I have to use real eggs:smile:, which is still gr8,just more cholesterol...and cals, but cool, i needed the extra tonight anyway
  • ford8709
    ford8709 Posts: 140
    Bump
  • LauraSS
    LauraSS Posts: 25 Member
    OOOHHHH...I have to try this.
  • jkrim941
    jkrim941 Posts: 226 Member
    It's crazy! I was just looking at this recipe last week! I just got into using broccoli slaw after trying the HG "I Heart Apple Salad"! Good to know that it tastes great. Now I am stoked to make this for dinner tonight!
  • redbird99
    redbird99 Posts: 298 Member
    I'll have to try this! Thanks!