Is 8:30 too late...

...to exercise? I won't be home from work til about 8:15. Would it be a bad idea to do my 30 Day Shred workout at 8:30ish?

Replies

• Virginia90
    Virginia90 Posts: 317 Member
    Only if you eat that day.

Totally kidding.

It doesn't matter when you exercise or eat. :wink:
  • amdahwd
    amdahwd Posts: 237 Member
    I was thinking about starting it tonight myself - even though it is almost 8:00 here. I dont know whether time matters, except that it may affect my going to sleep for a little while. I guess we will see how it works.
  • caderowansmom
    caderowansmom Posts: 3 Member
    I work out at about 8:30 every night. It's the only time I have...after work, dinner and the kids are in bed. It works for me!! And cuts down on night time snacking:)
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    I have been known to work out at 9 on occasion. Usually 8:30 is my drop dead time though.
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Whenever you can is better than never.
  • GoMizzou99
    GoMizzou99 Posts: 512 Member
    ditto above replies. I normally can't start until 7:30 to 8:30 each night (doing Insanity). When I don't do it, because I make the excuse it is too late, I feel guilty.
  • kiki41
    kiki41 Posts: 80 Member
    working out late usually interrupts my sleep but then so do other things. I work out at night if I have the desire. Go for it!
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Nah, it's never too late. I often go to the gym at 2 or 3 am :)
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    No
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    It's not to late!
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    I worked out at 10:30ish some nights after the kids go to sleep. Just don't try to go to sleep soon after.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    ...to exercise? I won't be home from work til about 8:15. Would it be a bad idea to do my 30 Day Shred workout at 8:30ish?

I hope not. I work out at 12:30 a.m.
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    I usually start my workouts around 6 or 630 pm but there are days when I don't start till 730 - 8 PM. I noticed that on days I workout too late, I can't fall asleep. It makes me wired or something so I try to do them as soon as I get home from the office.
  • No it doesnt matter Its actually goood for you it should help you sleep And will keep your matabolisim boosted through out the night which drops when you sleep.
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    I'll exercise around 9 or 10 pm sometimes while watching any shows I like. It helps take my mind off the fact I'm moving around and sweating.
  • tpot74
    tpot74 Posts: 80 Member
    I'm about to get started on my workout now, its a little after 8pm :-)
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    No it doesnt matter Its actually goood for you it should help you sleep And will keep your matabolisim boosted through out the night which drops when you sleep.

Probably depends on the intensity of the workout. Some nights, I can sleep no problems, and other nights, my adrenaline is pumping and it needs to come down first.
  • Everyone is different. When I exercise 3hrs of bedtime I can't sleep at all hahaha and get the hungry horrors. Try it out on a night you have the next day off so if your up late you can sleep in the next day.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    As long as it doesn't interfere with your sleep, go for it! No such thing as a bad time for exercise!
  • Thats about when I do it and always wandered the same thing. My husband swings shifts every two weeks. I thought I would work out when he got up which is an hour before I had to get up and I couldnt do it - I am not the morning person. Evening - nights are easier for me. I think its whenever is best for you.