Can you guys help me out with a school project??

Options
2»

Replies

• staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    went a few times--up to 252 now. will keep checking in, clever girl!
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    its at #311 now! well done! :flowerforyou:

gonna refresh it a few times for ya :bigsmile:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    good luck stef!

can you pllleeeeaaaaaase do me a favor though, and put up both sides.

for example

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/Story?id=3061015&page=1

It hurts me that our youth has been so brainwashed by the media that they don't even realize that they are being played!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I visited from work so all the graphics and hit counters were RED X'ed.
    :flowerforyou: Good luck with your project!
  • paddlemom
    paddlemom Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    good luck stef!

can you pllleeeeaaaaaase do me a favor though, and put up both sides.

for example

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/Story?id=3061015&page=1

It hurts me that our youth has been so brainwashed by the media that they don't even realize that they are being played!

Amen!

Great project and I have clicked for your regularly, congratulations on a great project. I agree that we need a little balance, though. IMO when we ring alarm bells too loudly, people start ignoring them or not believing them (as an analogy, when was the last time you heard a fire alarm and decided not to hurry cause you figured it is only a drill or false alarm).

When you present a balanced arguement, people are more apt to listen and turn the tide in favour of good environmental behaviour.

I'm off to click for you again!!!:flowerforyou:
  • stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    Options
    Thanks guys! Yeah I had to pick a side I wasn't allowed to show both sides of the arguement another classmate got that topic. Yay I'm finished all my assignments now its just exams then I'm out for summer!!!!
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    I went, haven't watched the videos yet (the kids are watching the disney cruise video right now), but I'm with the "Global Warming Is A Farce" group. My 9th grader is doing a speech on it next week, and it's very interesting. With a bit of research, many of the arguments for global warming are blown out of the water. He has, however, become the target of some violence because of his belief that there isn't global warming.

I did like the fact that you added that many scientists and researchers are divided on the subject. I can understand having to take only one side and presenting it. Good luck on getting an awesome grade!

(by the way, did everyone know that the average temperature on Mars has been going up as well? I'm sure it's because the martians are using fossil fuels :laugh: )
  • destiny_206
    destiny_206 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    354, good luck with your project.
  • paddlemom
    paddlemom Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! Yeah I had to pick a side I wasn't allowed to show both sides of the arguement another classmate got that topic. Yay I'm finished all my assignments now its just exams then I'm out for summer!!!!

Nothing like stroking all the homework off your list!!! Good luck on exams. Sorry if I came off as critical, it wasn't my intention! I forgot how school projects can have their own set of rules.

Anyway, summer's coming!!!! Don't forget us on MFP while you enjoy the fun and sun:bigsmile:
  • 3boyzmom
    3boyzmom Posts: 18
    Options
    I was #369 :flowerforyou: