ladies! pms cravings!?

Options
okay, to all the ladies out there.
when it's that time of month, i get the WORST cravings. i want to eat EVERYTHING. something salty, something sweet, something crunchy, something chewy. just- EVERYTHING. and when i want it, i want it --- i dont wanna replace anything with veggie sticks and healthy stuff. anyone else have this same problem? how do you deal with it?

Replies

• alorick
    alorick Posts: 194
    Options
    I went through this yesterday. I wanted chocolate SO bad. Instead, I had an apple and 2TBSP of Peanut Butter & Co chocolate wonder something peanut butter. It really helped the chocolate craving.
  • jms57
    jms57 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am the same way...I did that the other day and didn't even realize it until I stopped eating. I'm not sure how to change that...its really hard. I've heard people suggest eating dark chocolate because it will satisfy your sweet tooth.
  • Loseweight1980
    Options
    I had the stupid salt craving today, so I actually bought a small bag of Pirate's Booty Cheddar Puffs... Had some, shared with my dogs. Kept me from sticking my fingers back in the bag to eat more :-) (And they were soo happy!)
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Chocolate and chips. I avoid the chips altogether, but I will allow myself a serving of crispy minis when I have a craving. I keep a dark chocolate bar in my fridge and will have a few squares here and there. I don't replace it with anything, I just have the proper portion of what I want.
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    For salty - I eat unsalted peanuts or walnuts
    For SWEET (that is what I usually what) - I make a protein smoothie
    Sometimes I just want LOL...I will walk into and out of the kitchen 30 times and look in the fridge and pantry like something new will appear. I guess I am burning calories w/ all the walking LOL
  • mg720
    mg720 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I usually want chocolate so for this I drink swiss miss 25 calorie hot chocolate or I have two chocolate chip dunker cookies from trader joes (for two of them i think it is 190 calories) AND when its really bad i dunk my dunker cookie into my hot chocolate :laugh:
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    i usually crave the hot dog.
  • nurse4fun24
    Options
    I love the vitamuffin deep chocolate it is a 100 cals muffin and really good seen them on the Dr. Oz tv show
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I'm the opposite... I crave water.... I always feel dehydrated so I crave water like crazy... I tend to eat healthier too I don't know why..

But on any other day, I crave pasta!
  • Phoenyx0189
    Options
    Yesterday! I was craving pralines and cream ice cream like a mother trucker! Luckily one of my friends on here told me to drink a protein shake. I'm glad I listened to her, because oh the damage I woulda done....
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I work out harder so I can earn my snacks. And bonus, that helps with the cramps.
  • wildcat808
    wildcat808 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    not a sweets fan unless its that time! i love frozen yogurt. i try to limit the goodies on top. instead i eat it with strawberries and almonds mmmm.

as for salty.. i love love love fries. i dont know how to replace that one.
  • bxgalnsc
    bxgalnsc Posts: 1
    Options
    I am craving a hot dog right now.! PMS is hard on my diet I try to stay full on the good stuff so the cravings eventually dissipate. I don't think one hot dog with ketchup and mustard and relish will kill my calorie day.