Eggs

Options
Anyone eating eggs for breakfast other than hardboiled? Being from Scotland I love eggs. bacon etc. I was thinking poched eggs would be the best bet - thoughts?

Replies

• cmfoxragan
    Options
    Since poached eggs are cooked without any oil or butter, I would think they would be fine. And tastier.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i do scrambled, or sunnyside up/fried, and dont use any oil or butter. eat them however you like :) i dont have the patience to do poached.
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    I eat eggs and I make them a couple of ways. Either a pan fried egg or I make scrambled eggs or an omlete. When I make them scrambled or an omlete I usually use one whole egg and then 3 or 4 egg whites. I use the whole egg because I like it to have the yellow color and the yolk is a good source of protein. Sometimes I add things like a crumbled piece of bacon in the eggs so I can have both.
  • junyr
    junyr Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I fry eggs sometimes in olive oil, sometimes with a little butter.

Make em how you want, log what you're eating. If it fits in your log and allowance then ENJOY!
  • _Shelley_
    Options
    I eat eggs every morning! Love 'em.

I like them over easy with an english muffin to dip in the yolks.
    Some weeks though I use egg whites, which are just as tastey!
  • Shelby814
    Shelby814 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Scrambled egg whites in a pan sprayed with PAM & add 1 mushroom, 1 TBSP onion, 1/8c tomato, 1/8c green pepper & occasionally a little fresh baby spinach. Wrap it up in a low carb/whole wheat tortilla with 2 TBSP pico. A restaurant worthy breakfast burrito. :)
  • donnam40
    donnam40 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Poached eggs are my favourite. Sometimes for an extra treat I will have them with smoked salmon and avocado - yum!
  • dcness01
    Options
    Twp poached eggs cooked but with the yolk stil a bit runny in a bowl. Wheat toast torn into bite sized pieces with a bit of salt and black pepper are the best. My grandparents ate them all the time and lived to be 94 and 99 years old.
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I scramble in the microwave. Just spray bowl with nonstick spray, then cook 30 seconds, stir, then stir every 15 seconds until done. Great on whole wheat toast and low fat cheese.
  • Anathama
    Anathama Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a Primal diet so my standard breakfast is to throw some real pastured butter in a cast iron skillet, throw in some spicy sausage and brown. Beat 3 organic omega 3 eggs and pour all over the sausage. Cook for a few minutes then throw in the broiler to cook the top. At the last minute, I'm sprinkle some mozzerella and blue cheese crumbles over the top and put back under the broiler to melt.

And I have lost over 30 lbs! :-)

I love this diet!
  • ericcumbee
    ericcumbee Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    i love scrambled eggs, lately ive been using egg beaters 35 calories per egg, which is good because when i fix eggs ive been known to eat up to 5 at a time. at times i will add cheese but most times its just a dash of pepper and a splash of olive oil or canola oil in the pan to keep them from sticking.
  • gellolicious
    Options
    I eat eggs nearly every morning for breakfast. I always fix them over medium using a nonstick pan and a little butter flavored pam cooking spray.
  • gigieatss
    gigieatss Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Poached eggs ROCK! I love them on a bed of spinach and in a portobello mushroom with some sun dried tomatoes and minced olives! YUM!

http://gigieatscelebrities.com
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I eat hard boiled egg whites with ketchup. Every single day. :)
  • skmolove
    skmolove Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    i love eggs too. i bought a really tiny non stick skillet the other day and i LOVE it for eggs. its probly no bigger than 4 inches in diameter. it works well for my oatmeal pancakes too.

i usually use one serving of egg whites (sometimes 2) and one whole egg; i add things to it like mushrooms spinach tomatoes... the other day i made a pizza omelet (sp). yum-o!
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    yup! poached well are good but i try not to eat too much yolk. it holds most cals and all cholesterol.
  • netlioness
    Options
    Hello I really don't care for egg yolks but I found if you put a few spinach leaves into the frying pan and then add a few egg whites it's very taste breakie .
  • Dammitviv
    Options
    I eat 2 eggs most mornings, usually over-hard, sometimes in an omlet. Just use a little cooking spray (or a good non-stick pan) and make them almost anyway you want. Keep in mind if you fry in butter or oil, you will be adding extra calories
  • jna1957
    Options
    Many thanks for all the responses guys - cant wait for breakfast!
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs, soft boiled eggs, eggs with bacon, eggs with ham, eggs with sausage, eggs with sausage gravy, eggs with cheese, eggs with salmon and avocado, eggs with shredded chicken & salsa, poached eggs, curried eggs, scrambled eggs, eggs Benedict, eggs over easy, omelets with mushrooms, omelets with spinach, omelets with bell peppers, omelets with ground beef, steak & eggs, chipped beef & gravy on eggs, biscuit egg sandwich, English muffin egg sandwich, breakfast burrito with egg, egg-in-a-basket (cut a hole in a piece of toast and then fry an egg inside the hole), Easter eggs, green eggs & ham...