I'm so proud of my daughter!

Options
So tonight for dinner, we decided to go to the Pizza Pie Cafe. After we got situated, my husband went to get our himself a plate and one for our daughter, who turns 2 in a month. he got her a piece of pizza, then the rest of her plate was peas and little bits of broccoli. Now being an almost 2 year old, you would think she would head for the pizza right? NO she went straight for the peas and broccoli!!! :bigsmile: after a while she did decide to pick the toppings off the pizza, but ONLY after her veggies were gone! but by then i had pasta so she wanted to share mine. i got her some curly pasta and she ate that too. at the end of dinner she still had most of her pizza sitting on her plate. but she ate a lot of veggies and the pasta i got her was tri-colored cavatappi, and i think the green ones have veggies in them, then i think the red ones were like tomato or something like that. i could be wrong on those though.
This is not an abnormal thing either! she is the most UN-picky little kid i have ever seen! she eats the best out of the 11 grand-kids on my husband's side. I mean, i have one nephew that refuses to touch any type of vegetable, pasta and will only eat meat if it is chicken nuggets. so he eats pretty much fruit, cereal, and bread. my other nieces and nephews arent that bad, but their parents still cater to them and dont make them eat what every one else is eating. Im SO glad my daughter is not like that, and she NEVER has been. She will eat things a lot of people i know wont. examples: fresh ginger slices, jalapenos, wasabi sauce, even a cheese we found that has jalapenos AND habanero peppers in it! she LOVES veggies. if we have fajitas, she eats the onion and green peppers in it. we have seriously found nothing that she wont eat.
she has eaten anything and everything from the time we started her on baby food. i really hope she stays this way her whole life. I am trying to eat better myself, so im hoping to keep it up and that she will continue to eat well.
Sorry, just had to brag about my mini love!:happy:

Replies

• lmalaschak
    lmalaschak Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Good job! We have chosen to require our kids to eat a little of everything that is served and now the older two are fairly good eaters. The third, not so much. But I have proof that if you make them taste it, eventually you make progress. I'm thinking by the time he turns 4 (two years away) we should be pretty well done with the food battles. We'll be fighting other battles at that point instead.