Chest heavy and breathing more difficult when you gain weigh

Options
I am trying to figure out if this is just from the weight gain or something else. I was diagnosed with excersize induced asthma in the Airforce 10 yrs ago. But I also had a sinus infection at that time and the breathing treatments didn't do anything so I blew it off.

Over the years I have been plagued with back to back sinus infections while working in various office buildings.I have worked from home now and it is much better, went green non toxic stuff and clean regularly, no curtains etc.I was told I have asthma a couple years back but not bad enough for an inhaler just did breathing treatment, which again didn't do a thing. I always thought it was just being sick all the time.

Fast forward now and it just takes effort to breath I FEEL breathing now, not like I am gasping but it's just not natural. But I am also within 10lbs of my heaviest. My heart beats out of my chest when I just walk up to the third floor apt of my boyfriends and I am seriously out of breath. I was singing my heart out to Adele in the car and my chest started hurting and I was loosing breath and my voice, craziest thing. I am 163 5'5 so it's not like I am lugging around 300lbs but I do feel the weight on my frame.

I don't run or walk now, just lucky to get through the day with running a daycare of kids. Is this normal with weight gain? or is this for real asthma this time? I understand you all are not doctors but any advice is appreciated.

Replies

• lmalaschak
    lmalaschak Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    That sounds like what I have heard asthma is like. But I do not have it myself, so I can't really say. You can get your breathing checked by a doctor, you know where they see how strong you can exhale or whatever. It might be time for an appointment!
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    The only advice I have is to ask your doc, let him/her know that you get short of breath easily. It can be a symptom of a lot of different things.
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    You really need to see your doctor. This doesn't sound good to me. Please make an appointment ASAP or go to your nearest ER
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    You really need to see your doctor. This doesn't sound good to me. Please make an appointment ASAP or go to your nearest ER

This.
    I have asthma, and your discription is not what asthma feels like to me. And it's not 'normal' to feel like that with weight gain. Hell I'm an inch shorter & 60lbs heavier than you & dont feel like you do walking up stairs.
    Get yourself to your Doctors.