how long as it take u ???

Options
:heart: hi everyone i been so emotional today i started my day pretty happy sences i lost 1.6 pound today but i gat a call of my best friend today this afternoon she told me she has lost 20 pounds she only has 10 more to go .. we both start'd the GYM at the SOME DAY about 3months AGO!! she is a mom on 1 boy and im a mom of 3 kids !! so when she told me that i was really happy with her but i felt bad after cuz its been taking me so long to lose this weigh ... when i first stared MYFITNESSPAL I WAS 185pounds and today that i weigh in my home scale gave me a smaller number 173.0 ... but then i went to the gym and i weigh in and its crazy how the gym scale said im like 6pounds heavier 179 :sad: and thats whats also has me really sad ..

anyways i just wanted to KNOW HOW LONG HAS IT TAKE YOU TO LOSS THE WEIGH U HAVE LOST ??? :flowerforyou:

Replies

• vmclach
    vmclach Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    i lost 30 pounds in about a year, but then i gained 10 back in muscle :D

it really depends on how big you are to start with! Everyone loses at their own rate.
  • anna_love
    Options
    im 5.0 tall and i us to be 186 and im 173 now ... i hope i can make it to my goal:)
  • SteveHunt113
    SteveHunt113 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    First, use the same scale every time. Second, weigh yourself only when you first wake up.

I started at 225 pounds back in mid December. I'm down to 203 pounds. So I guess that would be 22 pounds in 2 months?

My ticker says 14 pounds lost because that's how many I've lost since I joined MFP back in January.
  • theresa029
    Options
    im 5.0 tall and i us to be 186 and im 173 now ... i hope i can make it to my goal:)

for sure you can make it, just keep focus and don't let the scale put you down. my friend here on MFP said that to me too.. Because when I weigh myself in different scales, they were suppose to be unlikely the same. I'm 5'1 and I used to weigh 167lbs.. Now I'm 147lbs in my scale.. and when Im going to the gym it says I'm 150 sometimes I'm 149.. So, just stick in 1scale when you're weighing yourself! :) And as long as you feel comfortable about yourself, keep on doing the right things to be healthy! Keep up the good work and stay focus! You can do it! :)
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I lost 45 pounds over 8 months. I stopped for a bit and now I've lost 11 pounds in 2 weeks.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I started in December 2010, lost 23, gained back 11, and dropped it again in that time.

I'm down 28 now on MFP (34 total) Still about 30 to go to my final goal and 18 to my first goal. :smile:
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    I started trying to lose weight again about a month before joining MFP, so there is approximately 5 lbs not accounted for in my ticker.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    A few months? A year? Who knows. Can't remember. It's insignificant. It's meaningless. How long have you lived a healthy lifestyle? That's more meaningful.
  • brittanidigby
    brittanidigby Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I've lost 36 in a year. I was told that wasn't **** for a year but I think it's better than gaining and not doing anything(like the person who said it).
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I've lost 36 in a year. I was told that wasn't **** for a year but I think it's better than gaining and not doing anything(like the person who said it).

36 lbs down is awesome. Don't let anyone take that away from you no matter how long it took you.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I started mid April and have lost 65 pounds.
    But you know what -- there was weeks I gained, weeks I maintained, and weeks where I thought I kicked *kitten* and lost 0.2. Just remember that this is a lifestyle change and you need to live life too. If you stick to it, the numbers add up. I didn't lose 65lbs in a week, I have worked hard for it and you will too!!!!!

Also, try not to compare to others... everyone is different in so so so many ways. Think about you!!!
    GOOD LUCK!!
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Think about it this way ... you didn't put it all on in just a few weeks. It's not going to come of superfast either. Comparing yourself to others is a trap that you want to avoid. We always compare our everyday or worse to the other person's best.

IMO, a slow, steady loss is going to be better, long run. It means that you are probably not going overboard and doing something that you can't maintain. Because this isn't a short term, can't-wait-till-I'm-done-and-can-eat-'normal'-again thing (if it is, you'll just gain it all back). This is a life long change for a healthier you. Sometimes it'll be easy, sometimes hard. Sometimes you'll see a big change, others not so much. But hey, you're almost to the 20 lb mark (ignore the weight at the gym, I always weigh more later in the day and especially after I exercise; weigh yourself at the same time on the same scale) and that's something to feel good about. And just keep plugging along and you'll meet your goal!
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options

People are weird huh?!

That would mean you have more than likely lost less lean muscle mass than many crash dieters. More lean muscle mass means it should be much easier for you to sustain your final weight without putting it back on.

Yay you!
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    302 lbs. Lost in 32 months...........
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    60kg+ in 8 months. Had a few bumpy moments, but it soon started to drop again
  • Jarnard
    Jarnard Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I lost 60 lbs in 7 months.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Everyone loses at their own rate.

Please don't get discouraged! And remember this quote. There was a year that my weight was pegged at 153 despite the fact that I was running 3-5 miles 2-3x per week, doing weight workouts several times a week, AND teaching fitness classes on base. I would get SO frustrated that my weight wouldn't budge. I looked good though. Then one day, out of nowhere, it dropped to 151 and I was ELATED!. Of course, I soon found out I was pregnant, and it was all downhill from there, lol, but the point is some people take longer than others. You gotta keep going, or you'll never reach that goal.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    2 years
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Started in August. When you are heavier (like myself) then you lose quicker... Just keep up your HARD WORK and you will see results!!!
  • STrooper
    STrooper Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I started at the beginning of 2008. There was some wobbling of weight earlier in this process. My largest weight loss came in 2010. Its been a series of plateaus even though the exercise and calorie intake has been largely the same.

Don't despair. Everyone is different.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!