Zucchini & eggplant anyone?

Options
hbunting86
hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
I have heaps of these in the fridge and not really got an idea what to do with them....

Any ideas folk?

Replies

• hbunting86
    Options
    Bump!
  • thisisabbie
    thisisabbie Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I love both of them roasted. YUM!

Or you could make a veg lasagne? Just use sliced zucchini & eggplant in place of the pasta sheets!
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    I just add those to normal dishes, like chili, curry, soup, burritos, etc.. to add bulk and get some veggies in without adding too many calories. You could also do an eggplant parmesan (just google healthy eggplant parm recipes) or even veggie burgers. You can also eat zucchini raw, dipped in hummus.
  • MaggiePuccini
    MaggiePuccini Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I don't know, courgette and aubergine as I call them, but they only taste nice when they're cooked with a lot of oil.........

I wouldn't use them when I'm watching weight. I DO love them though. I'd eat them out in a restaurant with a sod it attitude, but I wouldn't know what to do withthem at home.
  • hbunting86
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas... I made this:

6899633583_5377f80c29.jpg

Stuffed eggplant - the eggplant is stuffed with penne, garlic, chilli and fresh tomato. I baked the eggplant for around 30mins first, and then scooped out the centre. Then I sauteed some garlic and chilli and added the inside of the eggplant and the tomatoes and cooked for a further 10-15mins. Then I added some cooked penne, mixed round and filled the eggplant shells. Baked for another 30mins or so and voila!

Very tasty, cheap and healthy! :)
  • Elizabeth_M
    Elizabeth_M Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Yes, roasted in a wrap with a bit of goat cheese - super yum!!
  • MaryD4900
    MaryD4900 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I love roasted zucchini.

Heat oven to 350
    Spray pan with Pam
    Cut zucchini up into bite-size chunks
    Season with garlic powder and salt
    Bake for about 15-20 mins, stirring a couple times so the pieces don't get burned
  • kymschoenfeld
    Options
    I just made a ratatouille soup I found on allrecipes.com that was pretty good. And it came in at 140 calories a cup.