Freaking out-half marathon due feb 25th

Options
I have a half marathon next Saturday, Feb 25th. I have been following the Runners world beginners 12week program. I never missed a single day. This morning i woke up late, and it was raining outside. I was suppose to do an easy 5km. So instead i did a women's fitness dvd. Now i have a pinching feeling on my right tigh. Im thinking because of all the kicking in that damn dvd. I have pulled a muscle there 2years ago. It took forever to heal. Im now freaking out. I have a 10km trainin run due tomorrow. What do i do?

Replies

• abrn93
    abrn93 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Try to massage the area a few times a day. Stretch well before and after your run. Best of luck on your race!
  • Stumoo
    Stumoo Posts: 14
    Options
    You can afford to miss tomorrow's run if you still feel that twinge. However you will need to run at least once between now and the race to check that you're not actually injured. If you do an easy half hour or something midweek and there are no problems, then you'll be fine for the race.

If you are injured though, for goodness sake DON'T RACE! It's frustrating (I've had a similar experience), but there will be other events you can enter in the future. You don't want to exacerbate an injury that took ages to heal first time round, do you?
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Try to massage the area a few times a day. Stretch well before and after your run. Best of luck on your race!
    I massaged the area. I am taking it easy for the rest of the day. No walking too much.
  • CallmeSbo
    Options
    You can afford to miss tomorrow's run if you still feel that twinge. However you will need to run at least once between now and the race to check that you're not actually injured. If you do an easy half hour or something midweek and there are no problems, then you'll be fine for the race.

If you are injured though, for goodness sake DON'T RACE! It's frustrating (I've had a similar experience), but there will be other events you can enter in the future. You don't want to exacerbate an injury that took ages to heal first time round, do you?
    I ve put a bandage around the area. I hope this is ok. The good news is that now i dont feel the pain. I think i will rest tomorrow and do my training run Monday.
  • CallmeSbo
    Options
    The pinching feeling is there when i walk if i remove the bandage :-(