A good book to read??

Options
2»

Replies

• LauraSmyth28
    LauraSmyth28 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Anything by Jodi Picoult.

Well, almost anything. Songs of the humpback whale is her first book and it's not great. My favourites of hers are: 19 minutes, Salem falls, House rules, Sing you home and Plain truth.

I loved The Midwife's confession by Diane Chamberlain too!

Currently reading Flowers in the Attic because everyone always talks about it, it's so contraversial. Omg, there's a good reason why it's contraversial!!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    If you like series, Author Richelle Meads books are good. I reading her Succubus series now.
  • frosty73
    frosty73 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I'm reading a really cute, funny story on my Kindle right now called "Cupcake." It's about an obese woman who is struggling with her weight, and her hilarious mishaps. It starts with an armed robber who comes in to steal money from her business, and she reaches down to readjust a wedgie from too-tight underwear and he shoots her. I love the lighthearted tone and that good things start to happen to her, regardless of her weight.
  • Handbanana06
    Handbanana06 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    If you like crime mysteries the book "Devil In the White City" Is a true crime story about a serial killer in Chicago during the World Fair. Very interesting and really happened but reads like a novel. I loved it.
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I'm reading a really cute, funny story on my Kindle right now called "Cupcake." It's about an obese woman who is struggling with her weight, and her hilarious mishaps. It starts with an armed robber who comes in to steal money from her business, and she reaches down to readjust a wedgie from too-tight underwear and he shoots her. I love the lighthearted tone and that good things start to happen to her, regardless of her weight.
    Awesome - I need a new book for my Kindle! I like the sound of this :)
  • Danhra
    Danhra Posts: 77
    Options
    The Hunger Games is a good series. Game of Thrones is great!