Almost two weeks in

I've been at it for almost two weeks and this is the first time I've posted. I started out two weeks ago at 350 lbs and I am a 30 yr old male, 6'3" tall. My biggest hurdle was learning to only eat when I was hungry and to stop eating when I was satisfied, not full. Since doing that, I found that I now have a steady eating rhythm by being hungry right about meal time. Since starting two weeks ago, I have lost just over twenty pounds, and I am now under the weight limit on the Wii Fit balance board as of this morning, so I'm really excited! Started walk/jogging the other day as well and that seems to be helping out a lot.

My wife is also using the site to kelp her lose weight, which presents a problem. Apparently men struggle less with losing weight than women do, so anytime I get excited about something I've accomplished, it bums her out. That in turn makes me feel guilty for being successful. Just a psychological hurdle we must both overcome, and she has begun doing so by finding more female friends on MFP to compare her progress with.

I'm extremely excited about this lifestyle change and I am looking forward to many more goals met and achieved!

Replies

• congrats your doing well
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Women can have a little more of a difficult time because of their body composition. We are just made differently. Congrats on the fast progress...once that ball starts rolling it keeps picking up speed.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    I empathize with your wife! I don't know what her starting weight and goal are but perhaps the two of you can keep track of the percentage towards your goals, rather than number of pounds lost. If she has less to lose than you do then it might be a better comparison you can use to keep things on an even footing between the two of you.
  • sherim71
    sherim71 Posts: 130 Member
    I like that idea of using the percentage!! I know them and it just might work!! :) She's not that far behind him either in pounds lost so it really might work.