Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WAHOOOO ANOTHER JOB!!! :D

2»

Replies

• jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    You are awesome SBS! Nice to see that people appreciate your knowledge in the real world too, not just here on MFP. You are gonna rock that job like nobody's business! Congrats on all your successes lately... new job, small clothes, and breaking your plateau. You deserve it!
  • paddlemom
    paddlemom Posts: 682 Member
    Congratulations!!! Your good karma is coming back to you!!!!!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    How freakin amazing for you!!!! Just think....all of us here that have utilized your wealth of information and insight will be able to say...."yeah, I knew her when...." How many of you out there in mfpland are just the slightest concerned that SBS's new adventure and time restraints will wreak havoc on her ability to give us all the info that we have come to appreciate so much???? lol:wink I do hope you are able to check in on us often.....I ran a post asking for insight about fat loss vs muscle loss and you received an incredible compliment from another mfp'er.....she stated that you would be the one to talk to.....lol

Again, congrats!!! I hope it is all you are expecting and more.....you gonna be the one to find a cure for cancer???? I will place my bet on it.......can you just get it done and approved during my lifetime please??? lol

LOL don't worry, I will still come visit as much as possible! :laugh: And I will have even MORE info to share with you guys! :flowerforyou:

A cure for cancer...that would be incredible...I definitely hope to be a part of something beneficial.:smile:
  • songbyrdsweet
    You're my hero SBS!
    congratualtions.gifconfetti.gifcheerleader3.gif

Hey, whatever happened to the prince of dorkiness?
    Ya know.. that guy from your previous job that was being an a*hole?

Oh, he got fired! :laugh: Not for sexual harassment though. :grumble: He did some other stuff that was incorrect protocol. He still comes in from time to time to ask who's doing his job and stuff. But even after he left I felt like his annoying spirit followed me in the form of other new employees. :mad: I'm so glad to leave!!!!! Hopefully Friday will be my last day.
  • songbyrdsweet
    Very cool lady!

Advice from a former college chem major, watch out! Pipettes break easilly (bad stuff when you're working with 10 molar HCL!), who knew lab coats cost 45 bucks a piece! I couldn't drink for 2 weeks after that little incident. :wink:

Seriously though SB, good for you. Don't forget all us little people when you solve diabetes (my sister would LOVE you since she's had type 1 since she was 2).:flowerforyou:

Ick! In our first week of lab we had to use OLD school pipettes, the manual ones with the bulb on the end and the one line marked at 25 mL. We were using HCl but a very low concentration. I still didn't want it on my fingers! :laugh:

My uncle also has type I diabetes but it went untreated for so long it caused a lot of nerve damage unfortunately. He's doing much better now. I will share with you all the information I can. :smile:
  • songbyrdsweet
    YAY!!! I am so proud of you! That is so awesome chicky! Awesome about the clothes too!

I have so much fun in labs. It's such relaxing atmosphere. I absolutely LOVE doing histology.

Keep me posted on all the cool stuff you get to do!!!

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Thanks! :happy: I really like how clean and quiet it is. It smells much better than a musty shoe store. :laugh: So far it looks like I'll be doing a lot of blotting, cloning, and PCR. The machines are so cool! I even like the -80 degree freezer. Easily amused. :laugh:

I was actually pretty bad at histology in anatomy. :blushing:
  • songbyrdsweet
    You are awesome SBS! Nice to see that people appreciate your knowledge in the real world too, not just here on MFP. You are gonna rock that job like nobody's business! Congrats on all your successes lately... new job, small clothes, and breaking your plateau. You deserve it!

Thank you! I love coming here because everyone is so nice and appreciative. In class I actually get laughed at and get a lot of flack for knowing lots of answers. :grumble: But in lab, I'm cool. :glasses: :bigsmile:
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!:drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker: :bigsmile:

You have worked very hard and deserve this! I know you'll handle all of the work beautifully!!! It's much easier when you have passion!:bigsmile:
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member

I was actually pretty bad at histology in anatomy. :blushing:

That I find hard to believe! :bigsmile:
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Great news! Now that you are a "big shot", please reserve some time for us. You have been a great help and a source of inspiration to us all. Best of luck with your new career!
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    sounds amazing!!!!!:drinker:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    smiley-happy096.gif excellent!! I am so proud of you!

smiley-face-groupwave.gif
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member

Thank you! I love coming here because everyone is so nice and appreciative. In class I actually get laughed at and get a lot of flack for knowing lots of answers. :grumble: But in lab, I'm cool. :glasses: :bigsmile:

I say the idjits that make fun of you in class are jealous! I have told you this before privately, but let me publicly announce........You are one smart cookie! You GET it!

And on the clothes......WOOT!!

:heart: Jeannie
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    You're my hero SBS!
    congratualtions.gifconfetti.gifcheerleader3.gif

Hey, whatever happened to the prince of dorkiness?
    Ya know.. that guy from your previous job that was being an a*hole?

Oh, he got fired! :laugh: Not for sexual harassment though. :grumble: He did some other stuff that was incorrect protocol. He still comes in from time to time to ask who's doing his job and stuff. But even after he left I felt like his annoying spirit followed me in the form of other new employees. :mad: I'm so glad to leave!!!!! Hopefully Friday will be my last day.
    His annoying spirit will forever live in that store. Poor person that has to deal with those people.
    Yay for you!!!!

:flowerforyou:
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    awesome girl! :flowerforyou:
  • songbyrdsweet
    Thanks everyone!!! :bigsmile: :drinker:

I just sent off my 'curriculum vitae' (academic resume, but mine is wimpy right now because I have very little research under my belt LOL) which will determine how much I get paid and stuff. I would do this for free, so I don't care if they want to pay me $1 an hour.

I also just printed off about 60 pages worth of research articles from that lab. So now I have the following list of reading material:

By 5/15~100 pages of molecular biology methods (manipulated RNA,DNA, and protein) - Done!
    By 5/15~100 pages of controlling the cell cycle - Halfway done!
    By 5/15~70 pages on cancer
    By 4/25~60 pages on obesity and diabetes research from this lab
    By 5/5~60 pages on radioactive safety
    By 5/15~an unknown # of pages about Xenopus (frog) life cycle

I'm gonna run out of highlighter. :laugh:

Happily, Sunday is officially my LAST day at my crappy job!!!!! So the lip piercing is happening Saturday so I can enjoy one day of rebellion.:bigsmile:
  • mfpme
    mfpme Posts: 1,106 Member
    Hi songbyrdsweet!!

Congratulations on the BIG good news!! That's super! Thanks for sharing such great stuff happening in your life. :flowerforyou: :drinker: :drinker: Woo Hoo!!
  • amycakes812
    amycakes812 Posts: 441
    I am so happy for you!! Congratulations on the new job, smaller clothes and breaking the dreaded plateau! You must be on Cloud 9. :bigsmile:
  • songbyrdsweet
    AAHHHHHH asdkfjsdlfjsajkf

IM SO BUSY for the next couple weeks! :noway:

I won't be on very much (still tracking my food though!)

I will still check my mail on here so if anyone has q's, I'll answer when I can.

I'll miss you guys! :smooched: