How do you cope when you can't exercise...

Options
I'm recouperating from the flu and just got diagnosed with bronchitis yesterday. I haven't worked out since Monday (its saturday) and that workout was really tough but I did finish. This is the longest period without exercise since I started working out before Christmas.

Anyone have any advice?

Replies

• runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I'm recouperating from the flu and just got diagnosed with bronchitis yesterday. I haven't worked out since Monday (its saturday) and that workout was really tough but I did finish. This is the longest period without exercise since I started working out before Christmas.

Anyone have any advice?

What exactly are you asking for? You can't exercise, that's really all there is to it. You just get back to normal once you're better.
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Just give your body the week off and focus on diet, watch sodium if you're having lots of soups. Make stew instead if you can fresh veg and meat to last you a few days. Lots of water so you don't get too dehyrated from the cold and constant coughing.

Not much you can do about the exercise until you recover.
  • harley47920
    harley47920 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water and watch your sodium intake. Focus on your diet. I've found that when I'm down and out with some kind of virus, it helps to stretch. It keeps the muscles limber and doesn't require all that much effort.

The key is NOT to overdo it. Don't push yourself. :o)
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    There isn't much you can do. Your body needs rest. Just give what your body needs, water, rest, etc. and try not to push yourself. I know how it feels to be super anxious to get back into the routine of things but you'll just have to wait till you recover.
  • HoosierMomma1
    HoosierMomma1 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    That's a great idea to stretch. I think it might help me feel like I'm doing something
  • Elibasia
    Elibasia Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Get well soon:flowerforyou: