Hello from Japan

Options
Hi All,

I am an American in Japan who has been fighting my weight (as has the rest of my family) all my life. In the year before the earthquake, I lost about 40 pounds. From 3/11 until 9/1, i gained it all back. On 9/1, i decided to get out of stress-eating-freak-out mode and have lost, as of this morning, 47+ pounds (i think in kilos now so it's actually 21.6 kilos). I need to lose another 16 to get to a healthy place... A healthy place I haven't visited in years.

Living in Japan and being almost 6' tall and big is not easy - living large in the land of the super petite. The traditional Japanese diet may be healthy but the modern diet sure isn't!

I am looking forward to having a sense of community with this project, it's great to know I am not alone.
Thanks all!
"Pawness"

Replies

• Lindamack5987
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss. 47 lbs is awesome. Good luck on last 16 lbs. I know you can do it.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm looking to move back to Japan this year, I am also loosing weight after being "the fat girl in Japan" and standing at 5'7" making me far taller than the average woman. I'd love to add you as a friend :)
  • chuckleswk
    chuckleswk Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    We just left Japan. We were stationed there and loved every second of it. It was hard being an overweight American in the land of skinny people. Feel free to add me as a friend. 47 lbs is amazing. Keep it going!