Calling all fitness buffs...I need HELP :)

Options
Ok...today was my 6th day into 30DS and I really like it. Iv'e never really worked out before so I have a couple questions.

1. Do I need a "rest" day per week or can is it ok to workout everyday??

2. I bought a HRM without a chest strap. I can't put in my sex, weight, height, I have to put in my min HR and max HR. How do I know what my min and max are??

3. I'm buying an elliptical. Should I switch up the exercises every other day, or do 1 in the morn and 1 in the evening??

Any other advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm sort of clueless on the whole fitness thing. All I know is that I WANT this!!! Thanks in advance.

Replies

• gastankerdriver
    Options
    I have found that rest and sleep is just as important as working out. During the rest phases, your muscles will get a chance to rebuild themselves into a newer stronger version. I rest every other day. It may not be optimum, but it works for me and I have had some really awesome results lately. I have put on more muscle AND lost 11 pounds during the last two weeks. One more comment--a good protein supplement is a necessary part of any fitness regimen. I like "Nitro92 Extreme" because it is zero cholesterol. I also take creatine chews (Monica Brant recommended them.) Good luck to you.
  • soccermom004
    soccermom004 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    It's a 30 minute workout, you can do it everyday if you feel like it. I love 30 day shred, it was the first dvd I used on a regular basis to get in shape. It's a great workout. I don't think you need special supplements if you are working out for 30 minutes to an hour a day running or doing dvds. That is only really necessary for people doing hardcore workouts. Just follow a healthy eating plan. Congrats on a great start and just do what your body tells you.
  • adriana_hackney
    adriana_hackney Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! I appreciate it!!!