FRUSTRATION!

Options
So, I'm back at college. School started again, and WHAM, 17 assignments in only 3 classes! I've been so busy, and so stressed that I ate all my problem foods, let my parents convince me into going to a buffet.
Now I think I've gained.
I feel so horrible.
I'm so disappointed that I don't even enter in my calories anymore.
I just need a good way to focus. I'm staying up until 1:30 AM every night doing projects for all my classes, and then getting up at 5:30 to start an early morning class.
It's just not working, and I feel like quitting, but I want to lose weight so BAD.
I need help.
I need some really good motivation.
I've been crying from stress, and it's just not working.

Replies

• cellorocker
    Options
    So, I'm back at college. School started again, and WHAM, 17 assignments in only 3 classes! I've been so busy, and so stressed that I ate all my problem foods, let my parents convince me into going to a buffet.
    Now I think I've gained.
    I feel so horrible.
    I just need a good way to focus. I'm staying up until 1:30 AM every night doing projects for all my classes, and then getting up at 5:30 to start an early morning class.
    It's just not working, and I feel like quitting, but I want to lose weight so BAD.
    I need help.
  • lorelai63
    lorelai63 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Wow Tiffany, You seem very frustrated. Don't give up and remember this. IT'S only food. Find some substitutes that are lower in fat and calories. Think in terms of loosing 1 pound a week. Never more. Record what you eat and count those calories. Every calorie counts. And remember for every 30 minutes you exercise you can afford to eat a few extra calories. Dont' Dont' Dont give up on your dream!
  • pmj315
    pmj315 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Today is over and done, tomorrow is another day. Pick yourself up and try again. I see it this way, obviousy you are strong enough to do what you are doing, staying up late and getting up early to take care of your school work. If you have that kind of determination than you can do anything, including caring enough about yourself to do what you need to do to take care of your body. don't give up, don't ever give up...... If you don't do anything but some pushups and situps, you've done something which is always more than nothing....... Hang in there.......

PMJ
  • suzyc1212
    Options
    Hi Tiffany!
    Don't get so down on yourself! You are going to school and that has a lot of stress! Don't forget to smile at that person in the mirror! Remember-it is just food! Might I suggest that you burn 30 minutes at the school's gym. I used to bring notecards and read a few while doing the exercise bike or eliptical. After you read them-bring your heart rate up for a minute-then recover, repeat. Women are great multitaskers! You can do it! I'm sure your parents are very proud of your school efforts-You go girl!
  • filergirl
    filergirl Posts: 240
    Options
    Tiffany,

Maybe try one small weight-related goal. You already have a lot of demands on you inner resources. You're not superwoman. Just pick one small thing to do differently and then try to stick to that. It sounds as if you already have a huge pressure weighing down on you academically, so you have to compensate by being kind to yourself in other areas. If you're not, I'd hazard a guess that you'll only get more stressed, and this will cause you to eat even more. . . it's a vicious cycle.

As a (reforming?) perfectionist, I know this all too well. Try to do everything, and you'll soon crumble. Small daily changes = big long-term results.
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Now I think I've gained.
    I feel so horrible.
    I need help.

You can't quit. You can do this. I have some guess passes for GB3 if you would like. It will get you out and in a new place. There is one close to the college. Let me know and I will get them to you.
    Renee