Water

Options
I'm just getting started on eating better, exercising more, and trying to lower the pounds. Is it possible to drink to much water? Does your bladder ever adjust to the new output?

Replies

• royalstewart13
    Options
    I drink a lot of water and it really helps me to stave off the hunger. I now work-out 6 days a week and DO NOT leave the gym until I drink 66 oz. of water. The rest of the day I drink Diet-Pepsi and coffee. It is working for me and though no expert I don't see how you can drink TOO much water. Just be prepared to be in the bathroom -- A lot!
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    It is possible to drink too much water. Although your body expels the extra water, it also takes with it necessary nutrients. If you drink water in too much excess, you could actually end up becoming malnourished because your body is flushing out necessary vitamins and such with the water.
  • ttillman19
    ttillman19 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    How much is to much? I take a multivitamin, B12 supplement, Calcium supplement, and vitamin D3 daily.
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    it is possible but almost impossible for most people. when i was at my healthiest i drank 2 gallons a day easily (that was just water not counting if i had some milk etc) you dont want to sit and drink tons at one sitting but throughout the day it isnt bad
  • ttillman19
    ttillman19 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have been around 8-12 glasses a day of just water not counting any other liquids.
  • Pooterly
    Pooterly Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I struggle with drinking water. I don't drink enough. I usually only drink 6 cups a day and I know I need at least 8!