light mayo

Options
What is everones favorite brand of light mayo? Or what do you replace mayo with? I love reglar mayo but it's way too high in calories...

Replies

• Katgan
    Katgan Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I prefer to eat foods as close to natural as possible. I like natural mayo - just oil, vinegar, eggs and water. Great flavor and I just use less to fit in with my calorie allotment.

Lite mayo have might have less fat than real mayo, but it has more sugar and less flavor.
  • thisgirl980
    thisgirl980 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I really like the olive oil mayo. The brand I use is 50 calories per TBSP.
  • ahavoc
    ahavoc Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Hellmans reduced olive oil mayo - it's edible.
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    When I do have mayo (which is rare nowadays aside from those extremely high-calorie prepared John West tins), I buy Oak Lane Lighter than Light (UK) at 20 cals per tablespoon.
  • yummymummyto2
    Options
    hellmans lighter than light mayo i like it anyway
  • JoJoDoerr
    JoJoDoerr Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hellmans! Only 15 calories!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Olive oil or Canola mayo. full fat. I don't use that much where it will make a big difference in my day.
  • thisgirl980
    thisgirl980 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Another option to mayo is plain greek yogurt. I use it in chicken salad.
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I just stick with regular mayo and use half of a serving. I can't tolerate the light stuff. It doesn't taste right to me...
  • mikajoanow
    mikajoanow Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I was told that subway uses Kraft light mayo, so if you like their light mayo, try that one.

I am kind of a miracle whip gal. (light or regular doesn't matter because I don't put enough of it on)
  • lruff1987
    lruff1987 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Because of my allergies I use Earth Balance Mindful Mayo. It has way better ingredients in it then Hellmans and is all natural.
  • sergetns73
    sergetns73 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    What is everones favorite brand of light mayo? Or what do you replace mayo with? I love reglar mayo but it's way too high in calories...

just keep in mind that one table spoon of mayo = 2 slice of bacon ( weightwatcher advice )

i is better to make your own at home
  • Phestr
    Phestr Posts: 37
    Options
    just keep in mind that one table spoon of mayo = 2 slice of bacon ( weightwatcher advice )

Does that mean if I use mayo and bacon on a sandwich, they cancel each other out? ;)

Seriously, we use Kraft Reduced with Olive Oil. We just don't use very much.
  • Hairhacker
    Hairhacker Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!! I love mustard so maybe I will try adding more of that too. But sometimes like in tuna salad you need some mayo!! Also I never thought about trying greek yogurt instead I bet that would be good!!
  • Kalynx
    Kalynx Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I started using Vegenaise - much lower in sodium than real mayo.
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    I eat mayo. Light mayo is yucky.