30 day shred

Options
Anyone just starting 30 day shred? I just did day 1 level 1 this morning. Really got the heart rate up and I was sweating like a pig! It was better than I thought! Need someone to do it with... need motivation to keep with it!!!

Replies

• ical50
    ical50 Posts: 61
    Options
    I am starting today too! Actually, the next four days will be bonus days as I think I am going to do 30DS for LENT, but make it last 40 days. Level 1 for 15 days, Level 2 for 15 days and then Level 3 for 10 days. Surely that on top of no Cs (candy, coke, cookies, chips) will do some damage!
  • kimf412
    kimf412 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Today was day 4 for me, the first 3 days I was very sore, but I feel great today...I didn't feel like doing it, but soooo glad that I did.

I am adding you :)
  • RedVelvetCurls
    RedVelvetCurls Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 4, already my arms are becoming firmer. But damn I'm sore! I hope I can lost a stone this way though!
  • lisasdoinit
    lisasdoinit Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    i just just just did it!! whoa! it wasn't too bad! hard, and got my rate going but nothing that made me scream! yay!
  • Inforthewin
    Inforthewin Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Day 8 for me of level 1, it really does get easier the more you do it:)
  • danellekay
    Options
    I am on day 4...feels great.
  • Itsallbs15
    Itsallbs15 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Today was my 2nd day. I have tried it before and quit after 10 days because I was bored so I started with level 3 this time and I am getting a serious workout. Im struggling but level 1 was to easy and level 2 irritated my back injury with all the jumping. I have 30 days until pt test time so I am more motivated then ever!!! Best of luck to you. Feel free to add me if you like.
    BRENDA
  • dolfn1972
    dolfn1972 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    just completed day 3 level 1. Arms still feel like jello...but getting easier (kinda sorta) still getting an awesome work out and it definately gets he heart going
  • lisechamp
    Options
    I've been doing it since Jan 6 and it has toned me and I have lost 11 pounds and 7 inches so far. I also bought some of her other DVD's. They are intense but a great workout. I did Level one for about 2 weeks maybe more before I felt brave enough to go to the next level. But I have recently switched to level 3. Horay.....
  • mego07
    mego07 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I was going to start tomorrow, but since everyone has started today i will too! How heavy of weights do you use?
  • AlliO2
    AlliO2 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Just did Day 2 today! Wow!! Muscles that I did not even know I owned are sore!!!!
  • KristalDawnO
    KristalDawnO Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    What is it? Is this Jillian's workout video??
  • AlliO2
    AlliO2 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I was going to start tomorrow, but since everyone has started today i will too! How heavy of weights do you use?

I only have 5 lbs weights and tried those yesterday. Only made it maybe halfway through the work out. I took the advice of others and tried using water bottles today (1 lbs) and I made it through the entire work out with some modification. I think Jillian uses like 3 lbs weights.
  • amv1023
    amv1023 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 5. I'm not sore anymore and it is getting a little easier. I have lost an inch in my waist and 1/2in in my bust since Monday so even though I haven't lost any weight, I can see progress and that keeps me motivated. Feel free to add me :)
  • izlopez13th
    izlopez13th Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello. What is the 30 day shred?
  • anonymouswheels96
    anonymouswheels96 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    do you need weights for it?
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I started it a long while back and never got past the 2nd section. The workouts were great, but were irritating long-standing injuries and I just couldn't take it. Switched over to Shred it with Weights for a while and truly enjoyed that one (until further injury sidelined me). Now working on strictly dumbbell workouts with no impact cardio (rowing, biking, swimming) ... Only way I can get through all this. Good luck and enjoy it! I saw noticeable differences when I was doing it.
  • mego07
    mego07 Posts: 234 Member
    Options

I only have 5 lbs weights and tried those yesterday. Only made it maybe halfway through the work out. I took the advice of others and tried using water bottles today (1 lbs) and I made it through the entire work out with some modification. I think Jillian uses like 3 lbs weights.

I thought I saw the number 3 on the weights, but just wanted to see what everyone else was starting out with. 3 lbs sounds like a great start.
  • amyllong75
    amyllong75 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Ok, don't laugh but today I used soup cans! I'm getting 5lb weights tomorrow from my sister. That's what I'll use from now on.
  • amyllong75
    amyllong75 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello. What is the 30 day shred?

It's a Jillian Michaels workout DVD. I've heard good things about it so I figured I'd try it! I'd love to do P90X but who can afford that!!