five guys burgers

Options
OMG :frown: I looked up my burger that I had yesterday from five guys. I haven't had a burger in a while so my husband wanted to go so I enjoyed a burger. Well I looked it up the burger and the fries that I had ate equaled to be 1000 I thought it would be high but OMG. No more five guys burgers and fries for me.

Replies

• jennlos
    jennlos Posts: 200
    Options
    OMG :frown: I looked up my burger that I had yesterday from five guys. I haven't had a burger in a while so my husband wanted to go so I enjoyed a burger. Well I looked it up the burger and the fries that I had ate equaled to be 1000 I thought it would be high but OMG. No more five guys burgers and fries for me.
  • ladyofivy
    ladyofivy Posts: 648
    Options
    I know what you mean... I do the same thing at Chili's restaurant!

I make it my mission... kind of like a game with myself... to try to leave at least half of whatever I order out on my plate. Sometimes even 2/3. That way when I get home and log it, it's not so bad. :smile:
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Mmm. I love five guys burgers. Or any kind of burgers, really.

If you want them - and you TOTALLY should - plan your day around them. Eat light in the morning, eat it for lunch, do a lot of cardio that evening, and have light vegetables/ soups/salads for dinner.

Also, ditch the french fries, or split one burger/fries with someone else.
  • Frost
    Frost Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Jack In The Box was the calorie killer for me a couple weeks ago. My meal was over my total allowed calories for the day. :noway: If you have a Burgerville in your area check them out! Their burgers are lower in calories and super tasty.
  • amycakes812
    amycakes812 Posts: 441
    Options
    I love Five Guys. Almost went there last week, decided to look up their nutrition info first. I am glad I did!!! Can we just say ignorance is bliss? Even the small burger (which is all I can eat anyway) has too many calories and fat for me to have justified stopping there. There is one on my way home from the gym I have to pass everyday! I might take an extra class one day to give me the calories to eat there. In the meantime, I get to smell burger Nirvana everytime I get stuck at that light. :laugh:
  • jennlos
    jennlos Posts: 200
    Options
    I love Five Guys. Almost went there last week, decided to look up their nutrition info first. I am glad I did!!! Can we just say ignorance is bliss? Even the small burger (which is all I can eat anyway) has too many calories and fat for me to have justified stopping there. There is one on my way home from the gym I have to pass everyday! I might take an extra class one day to give me the calories to eat there. In the meantime, I get to smell burger Nirvana everytime I get stuck at that light. :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: smell burger nirvava :laugh: :laugh:
  • amycakes812
    amycakes812 Posts: 441
    Options
    I should have made a Five Guys run today if I was going to do it! I burned 1100 at the gym. If tomorrow wasn't my weigh in I sure would be tempted! :laugh: