Yummy granola recipe...

Options
VballLeash
VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
So my friend just gave me this recipe and I made it today, REALLY GOOD! :happy:

4 cups of oats (I used half multi-grain and half regular)
1/4 c butter
1/4 c sugar
pinch of salt
1/2 c flour
1/4 c butter
1/2 c maple syrup (light of course!)
1 teas vanilla
1/2 c dried cranberries
1/2 c raisins

Toast the oats for 10 minutes at 375 on a cookie sheet with sides or a 9 x 13 pan, I actually changed it to broil for the last 5 minutes (mix them at 5).
While thats toasting, Mix flour, sugar, salt, and butter (chunk the butter into small pieces)
Mix maple syrup and vanilla
Now, mix everything all together, place back in the over for 15 to 20 minutes and mix every 7 minutes or so. (I also did about half broil half not broil)
Let cool completely, add in cranberries and raisins! ENJOY!

Hope you guys like this! :happy: :happy:

~Leash :heart:

Replies

• VballLeash
    Options
    So my friend just gave me this recipe and I made it today, REALLY GOOD! :happy:

4 cups of oats (I used half multi-grain and half regular)
    1/4 c butter
    1/4 c sugar
    pinch of salt
    1/2 c flour
    1/4 c butter
    1/2 c maple syrup (light of course!)
    1 teas vanilla
    1/2 c dried cranberries
    1/2 c raisins

Toast the oats for 10 minutes at 375 on a cookie sheet with sides or a 9 x 13 pan, I actually changed it to broil for the last 5 minutes (mix them at 5).
    While thats toasting, Mix flour, sugar, salt, and butter (chunk the butter into small pieces)
    Mix maple syrup and vanilla
    Now, mix everything all together, place back in the over for 15 to 20 minutes and mix every 7 minutes or so. (I also did about half broil half not broil)
    Let cool completely, add in cranberries and raisins! ENJOY!

Hope you guys like this! :happy: :happy:

• choward0831
    Options
    You put butter in there twice. Was that a miss print? How many calories is that?
  • VballLeash
    Options
    You put butter in there twice. Was that a miss print? How many calories is that?

O yea that is a misprint! Sorry, unfortunately I don' t know the exact calories, my friend said it was probably around 130 for a cup but I'm really not sure.

• keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I love making granola, I've never had one call for flour. Is there a reason for it? I'd leave it out and add some flax seed meal and wheat germ. And of course some nuts.
  • VballLeash
    Options
    I love making granola, I've never had one call for flour. Is there a reason for it? I'd leave it out and add some flax seed meal and wheat germ. And of course some nuts.

I'm not sure, I guess the flour just made it all come together, this was my first time making granola so I'm not really sure! Sorry!