truth or myth?

Just a silly question that's bugging me. If you're running with an extra layer of clothing on you - is it any more beneficial to you than if you didn't haave it on?

Replies

• Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    not really...you will be warmer...but no weight loss except for temporary sweat/water loss
  • it will keep you warmer but unless you're trying to drop weight for a sport (temporary cuts) then no.
  • elsinora
    elsinora Posts: 398 Member
    You'll sweat a little bit more but as soon as you have a glass of water you'll put the water weight lost back on immediately
  • cruiseking
    cruiseking Posts: 338 Member
    What's the temperature? Hypothetically.
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Well, if you live in a cold climate, it will keep you warmer and that would be beneficial. You can always take a layer off when you get too hot.

But I'm assuming you mean because you'll sweat more. If that's the case, then for me it's just not worth it. The results would be minimal at best ... probably not worth the discomfort.

Unless you're a wrestler trying to make weight - not worth it. You'd only be losing water and you'll need to replenish it once the run is complete.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
  • 11 deg Celsius

I wasn't well and did not run for about a week. I was just getting back to my routine and unlike normally I've left my sweatshirt on. I 've sweated a lot more than I normally would so the question just crept up in the back of my head.

Thank you all those that answered:)
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    11 deg Celsius

I wasn't well and did not run for about a week. I was just getting back to my routine and unlike normally I've left my sweatshirt on. I 've sweated a lot more than I normally would so the question just crept up in the back of my head.

Thank you all those that answered:)

Stay warm and feel better.
  • stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    It would be better to be colder, then you work harder trying to stay warm.
  • cruiseking
    cruiseking Posts: 338 Member
    I'm glad we switched to the metric system back in the Carter administration. :wink: