Calling Low Carb Eaters

I'm doing a 10 day low carb plan, and I'm on day two. Its not to hard for me, but I have an semi-intollerance to eggs, so breakfast is hard for me. I made turkey sausage, which is good, but I can't really eat that every single morning. Any suggestions??

Replies

• There have to be a few low carb eaters out there! ( ;
  • dol826
    dol826 Posts: 26 Member
    How low carb are you going? (g/day)

How about a protein shake? You can do chocolate powder, almond milk, and ice.

You could have fish and vegetables for breakfast. eg grilled salmon or baked tilapia and some steamed zucchini or asparagus. I precook a ton of fish and then wrap it individually, and microwave it. Think beyond traditional breakfast foods and you will find more - traditional breakfast foods, at least for me, were always things like oatmeal or cereal, or eggs and toast, or something else that was really carb heavy.

I do moderate carb so my favorite shake (which is a modified version of the spinach shake the fit2fat2fit guy makes) is probably too high for you, its about 24 g each carbs and protein. My day usually ends up around 100g give or take a few carbs and 15-20 grams of fiber. So I'm usually around 75-95 net carbs.

Good luck! I found that moderate carb really increased my vegetable intake because I was loading up on them as a side item instead of starchy items like rice and bread.

15071477.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    I eat a turkey or ham wrap, using one of the La Tortilla Low-Carb wraps.. People think I'm strange for eating lunch for breakfast (hey, people eat breakfast for dinner??), but it's an easy and quick way to get protein and less carbs.
  • A good breakfast for me is, I call it fried cheese rolls
    mozerella cheese shredded cover the bottom of a small non stick frying pan heat it up till the bottom is brown and roll it up like a burritto. Your Done. you can add pepperonis or anything to put inside or plain. I would recommend the name brand cheese.
  • crimsontech
    crimsontech Posts: 234 Member
    I found some Atkin's bars at Walmart that look just like popular candy bars, but with only a few net carbs. I haven't tasted them yet. I'm on day 3 of a doctor-supervised, low calorie, low carb plan and the weight is falling off even faster than it was before. Are you intolerant of egg whites? You could try egg beaters and they make one that's just the whites too.

I found chicken and turkey sausages at Costco, Trader Joes and Whole Foods which is low in calories and 0-1 carbs. One link is practically an entire meal in itself. You can also eat low-fat cheese sticks (60-80 cals, no carbs), and extra lean 96/4 ground beef. A quarter pound (4 ounces) is 150 calories. Make a burger and throw a piece of low-fat cheese on top for a nice treat.
  • Hi. I am on the atkins diet,, which is a very low carb diet. Breakfast has been hard on me since I started two weeks ago, and I have found i need to be creative. I drink an Atkins shake in the morning, and if I need more, I will eat half of one of their nutrition bars too. I noticed thought, that when I ate alot of their bars, even if they are low carb, the weight didn't come off as quick. So I limit it to one half of one per day.

Cheese is a big factor in breakfast. I love many types of cheese and will sometimes just have cheese and bacon. I am not very hungry in the mornings, so I don't eat much. You can get more ideas from the atkins website.

Also, remember that meats are usually no carbs, so you don't have to have turkey if you don't care for it. Just have regular pork or beef sausage and sautee with fresh veggies. Or just cook yourself a hamburger! I have done that too.(no bun, of course)
  • Karmarie24
    Karmarie24 Posts: 48 Member
    Greek yogurt, protein bars (not the healthiest option, but I love sweet stuff in the am), Special K protein plus cereal, I love Flat Out brand flax wraps with almond butter or natural peanut butter. That's all I can think of right now!
  • RumOne
    RumOne Posts: 266 Member
    Greek yougurt and 1/2 cup blueberries
    Greek yougurt, peanut butter, sugar-free Dark Chocolate syrup (monin sells some)
    add 1/2 banana to the last one and ice for a smoothie
    last nights leftovers
    walnuts and 1/2 an apple
    Nature Valley makes a peanut/ dark chocolate Protein bars
    Whole grain tortilla (santa fe company) with ham, cheese and lettuce

I have to stay under 25g net carbs for breakfast and lunch

Good luck
  • kperk91
    kperk91 Posts: 226 Member
    Just over half of my carbs for the day (125 total) comes from fruit/veggies. Maybe just add some fruit with your breakfast - apple one day, banana the next, or mixed fruit bowls. I love adding strawberries where I can.

Also, the protein shake idea is a very good one. Upping protein will help you feel full and some are actually low carb. You can blend a low carb powder into almond milk which is lower carb than milk. I've also had GNC Total Lean Read-to-Drink Chocolate protein shakes.... delicious with 25g protein and only 6 g carbs (170 calories for a 14oz bottle) but also can be expensive. Maybe look into carnation instant breakfast as a possibility.

It's hard for me to say other foods for breakfast because I do eat eggs and my breakfast almost always includes a grain (cereal/whole wheat english muffin) and that is straight carbs.
  • EatClenTrenHard
    EatClenTrenHard Posts: 339 Member
    I'm doing a 10 day low carb plan, and I'm on day two. Its not to hard for me, but I have an semi-intollerance to eggs, so breakfast is hard for me. I made turkey sausage, which is good, but I can't really eat that every single morning. Any suggestions??

Can you eat lean meats? like chicken breast? shrimp?
  • Cottage cheese, cinnamon and truvia (the granuals of truvia are just like sugar and it tastes just like sugar not sweetener) - this was so good. But seriously try truvia. I couldn't believe how good it was.

Also Greek yogurt. Sliced ham steaks in the frying pan... There is also a low carb Heinz ketchup out there if that will help.
  • dis5150
    dis5150 Posts: 157 Member
    A good breakfast for me is, I call it fried cheese rolls
    mozerella cheese shredded cover the bottom of a small non stick frying pan heat it up till the bottom is brown and roll it up like a burritto. Your Done. you can add pepperonis or anything to put inside or plain. I would recommend the name brand cheese.

OMG!! That sounds so good! I think I will try that, with some bacon rolled up in it!
    I usually (actually my husband does it for me, lol) fry enough sausage patties for the whole week (I use Jimmy Dean spicy sausage in the chubs). Mine are a little smaller than a hamburger patty. I heat one up and melt a slice of sharp cheddar on it. Yum! I am pretty good with eating the same thing every day for breakfast and lunch, then have more variety at dinner.
  • Hi,
    I started the Belly Fat Cure last week which is low sugar and carbs. Find a good protien poweder with low sugar and carbs and mix it with unsweetened almond or soy milk.