How to make your chocolate protein taste better!

Options
I have been choking down my chocolate whey protein after every workout, and I decided there has to be a way to make it taste better and not add too many more calories.

I added 2 T of nonfat vanilla yogurt, the usual 8 oz milk, 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder, and a handful of frozen mixed berries (blueberries, blackberries, raspberries). I can get everything at aldis (cheap bulk store) except the protein powder.

It mixes into a thick, yummy, dark purple smoothie and tastes amazing! I look forward to working out because of my yummy smoothie I get at the end!

Depending on the protein powder you use, I get 244 calories, 24 carbs, 2 g fat, 29 g protein, and 56 g of calcium (which is over half my daily allowance)

Replies

• DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    You could always try a better protein powder too. The myofusion chocolate is amazingly good, it's a treat for me with just water (even better with milk).
  • Dan112358
    Dan112358 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I throw a handful of blueberries and a couple of ice cubes into my protein shakes & it makes a world of difference.

I use Body Fortress whey protein, 1.5 scoops mixed with 12oz water, 2 ice cubes & blueberries. 216 cal, 38g protein, 10g carbs, 5g sugar, 4g fat, 450mg potassium.
  • Enit2winit
    Options
    You could also "eat it" ;). Have you ever tried a protein ball??? Sooo yum! Just google/ YouTube it!!
  • caseynjason
    caseynjason Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    You could also "eat it" ;). Have you ever tried a protein ball??? Sooo yum! Just google/ YouTube it!!

Very cool! I will have to try that!
  • caseynjason
    caseynjason Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I throw a handful of blueberries and a couple of ice cubes into my protein shakes & it makes a world of difference.

I use Body Fortress whey protein, 1.5 scoops mixed with 12oz water, 2 ice cubes & blueberries. 216 cal, 38g protein, 10g carbs, 5g sugar, 4g fat, 450mg potassium.

Where can u buy the body fortress protein powder?
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

Where can u buy the body fortress protein powder?

wal mart