Help with breakfast please!!

Options

Replies

• gnrshelton
    gnrshelton Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I am the same way. I just grab a pure protein bar. I am not sure if you have them there but they keep you full pretty long and have a good amount of protein.
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I, too, like the_geek, work out first and then eat breakfast. I usually eat cereal, instant oatmeal - both with fruit, or a post-workout shake.
  • Jesea
    Jesea Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I love eggs for breakfast...I typically microwave egg substitute in a cup, then put it on a 100 cal English muffin, 80 cal tortilla, or 100 cal minibagel with a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese. Yummy and quick, you could always wrap it in paper an heat it later if you take it to go!
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I will eat Cheerios & blueberries w/o milk *I don't like milk* and a cup of green tea w/ some lemons and honey. A piece of whole wheat w/ some peanut butter and a banana. Lastly some greek yogurt w/ some Whole Foods 365 Fruit Spread
  • Brandilynnrose
    Options
    I stay under 300 calories for breakfast and have come up with many delicious, nutritious breakfasts. Cheerios and a banana is a good standby breakfast for me, as is yogurt with fruit and a handful of granola or other cereal, but when I want something warm or savory I go with the following:

Thomas's 100 calorie Wheat English muffin with 1/3 cup Egg Beaters cooked with chopped mushrooms, a Jimmy Dean Turket sausage patty, and low fat cheese.

Veggies sauteed in a teaspoon of olive oil with 3/4 a cup of Egg Beaters.

Sara Lee 45 calorie bread (2 slices) sandwiched with an egg, low fat cheese, and 2 small slices of avocado.

Low fat banana muffins (I have a recipe where each muffin is 140 calories.)

Sometimes I also buy the Jimmy Dean D'Lights Breakfast sandwiches. They are under 300 calories (some as low as 210) and they are great on the go.

I hope this helps!
  • SueD66
    SueD66 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    i work out first also and hit the oats an hour later before heading to work. If i'm running late i will grab a whole wheat mini bagel with a slice of colby jack cheese and 1 ounce of sliced ham. It's 300 cals and it's one of my favs. so the 300 is worth it to me. I also like the greek yogurt, mm mmm
  • csquirrel
    Options
    Here's a few suggestions that are light, a good source of lean protien, quick and easy to put togher.
    - 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese with 1/2 cup fruit of your choice
    - 2 egg whites on a multi grain light english muffin with a 1/2 cup of cut strawberries
    - 2 oz slice of low fat mozzerella and big slice of tomatoe on a multi grain light english muffin
    - Slice of low fat whole wheat bread with 2 tbl peanut butter

Hope this helps

Cheryl
  • shantelleclarke
    Options
    How about a tub of Greek yogurt and a piece of fruit? Then plan a good mid-morning snack for a couple of hours later.

oooh i've never had greek yog before might have to try some
    thanks

Make sure to buy the low fat or 0%. Otherwise the fat content can be crazy...

I go with cereal. Shreddies, Cherrios, Mini-wheats. Use milk but don't drink it at the end to save a couple cals.

Egg whites are a good option like mentioned. Add whatever veggies and an 30g of cheese and your good to go!

Oh, I also love oatmeal.... so warm and cozy and stick-to-your-ribs so you feel fuller longer.
  • duetwithjosh
    Options
    I like hard boiling eggs in advance.. I'll boil a dozen and they'll stay in my fridge all week, ready to eat!
  • tnrunningnurse
    tnrunningnurse Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I toast 1 piece of whole wheat bread, spread it with 1 tablespoon of Nautral Peanut Butter and slice 1/2 banana on top. On days I don't work, steel cut oats or 1 egg and 1 egg white scrambled with piece of whole wheat toast.
  • bemott
    bemott Posts: 180
    Options
    I love banana and a piece of string cheese for a quick breakfast that doesn't mess with my tummy.
    Hard boiled eggs are great.
    Also been making egg cups and keeping in the fridge or freezer (search up egg cups on here, they are about 80 calories and chock full of good stuff. I love the blue cheese and bacon ones).
  • pmaxson
    pmaxson Posts: 137
    Options
    A quick breakfast I like (as does my 17 year old son) is breakfast cookies. They are made with almond butter, oats, wheat germ, very little sugar, very little oil, whole wheat flour, walnuts, maybe an egg - can't remember. They are very filling - and it feels so decadent to have warm cookies for breakfast. I also add mini chocolate chips and craisins for the 'wow' factor. If you would like, I can post the recipe.
  • Chloe_Chaos_
    Chloe_Chaos_ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I used to feel the same way about breakfast (made me nauseous) until I made myself start eating it every day. Now I'm starving if I wait more than an hour after waking up! Can you stomach oatmeal? I cook a big batch of steel cut oats and reheat it with some fruit (apples or blueberries) for a quick breakfast. I also like a quick bowl of cheerios (oat ohs - do you have those?) with 2% milk and a piece of fruit. Eggs are great, but might be a little heavy for you.

i don't mind porridge (oats) but i tend to buy the ready to make plain ones and make them with water because if i use milk it ends up plastering the microwave :laugh: i find that cereal doesn't fill me for long enough

Steel cut oats keep you more full than the ready make oatmeal. And if you put a napkin over your bowl it wont splatter in the microwave. Also, I eat a couple of different things, either an english muffin with one egg and a piece of turkey sausage, a smoothie (which you dislike lol), or steel cut oats with an egg on top. Amazing.

Good luck!
  • lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    i either make a batch of the steel cut oats on Sunday for the week and just grab a cup in the morning along with a banana and hard boiled egg or i make the spice muffins and keep in the freezer, grab 2 along with a banana and hard boiled egg. I make everything the night before so i can just grab and go. i eat at my desk then at work.
  • MrsR0SE
    MrsR0SE Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    From asda\tesco you can buy oats so simple sachets. 20 sachets for £3.50. Can vary the flavours. I always make it with milk, don't enjoy oats with water. I love these not too heavy, but keep you going for a while x

This ^^. I make mine up with skim milk and if I use the plain one I add a few sultanas before putting it in the microwave. It keeps me full for hours :). You can also buy them in CoOp/ Morrisons. x
  • MrsR0SE
    MrsR0SE Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of steel cut oats before - can you buy them in a regular (UK) supermarket?
  • nwurker
    nwurker Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I often have cottage cheese then eat some almonds or walnuts on my way to work then
    I plan a good mid morning snack so im not starving later
  • LittleGay
    Options
    I am not a breakfast person either but I keep a bag of bite sized shreaded wheat, raw almonds , walnuts and raisins in my work bag. I always carry a piece of fruit (banana or apple) to eat if I need something more. Hope this helps! The fiber and protein keep me going strong
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    If breakfast makes you ill, why not just add your breakfast calories to lunch?
  • Melysa1988
    Melysa1988 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    yogurt and fruit parfaits