Hello =)

Options
My name is Heather. I am 23 yrs old and today is my first day here! I have been overweight since about 12 yrs old. I am here to make a lifestyle change. I am a Restaurant Manager so this will be challenging. I rarely exercise so I am going to try hard to fit that in as well. I currently weigh 250 lbs and I am looking at a long term goal of 140.

Replies

• heatherlee86
    Options
    My name is Heather. I am 23 yrs old and today is my first day here! I have been overweight since about 12 yrs old. I am here to make a lifestyle change. I am a Restaurant Manager so this will be challenging. I rarely exercise so I am going to try hard to fit that in as well. I currently weigh 250 lbs and I am looking at a long term goal of 140.
  • mistyreed82
    Options
    WELCOME!!! Good luck..you will love this site!!! :)
  • jennlos
    jennlos Posts: 200
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Welcome this site is very helpful!! Good luck with your weight loss journey!!
  • BSUgirl31
    Options
    Hello! I am new at this too! I have similar goals. I weigh according to the scale today, 248. My goal weight would be 150. I also use to work in restaurant management and I know the temptation! I have been overweight since about 13 and I am now 31. So a lifetime of yo-yo dieting and low self-estem. I wish you luck, but I think you can do it.
  • heatherlee86
    Options
    Thanks! :smile:
  • heatherlee86
    Options
    Thank you.~
  • heatherlee86
    Options
    WOW~ Good luck as well! I have a 10 month old son too and he is motivating for me. I can't even use the pregnancy as an excuse..:embarassed: I weighed 230 when I had him!
  • chelseachick
    Options
    Welcome Heather. This site is great. It really helps in making better food choices but you have to log things. It also helps in making better food choices because you can check out the calorie content of things you're considering eating and then make an informed choice. The people on the site are great - funny - helpful- cheerful and highly motivational. Check out the success stories they are fantastic.Good luck!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love it here. I :heart: this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: