Nutrition differences with scanner

Options
On some foods i eat,there are differences in nutritional information between what is on the label and what comes up when i use the bar code scanner. Has anyone else run into this? Which information do you use ?

Replies

• issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    When I was looking at the scanner on my iPad I accidently ran my hand across it and it read my hand as a food. I don't trust it.
  • lijparsons
    Options
    I use whatever is on the package. The scanner sometimes picks up an entry that an MFPer has manually entered in the database, which I often find wrong. Just use the information on the food package.
  • Sepheara
    Sepheara Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    my scanner has never not matched the label so, I'm not sure. I suppose I would just search on it then, and make sure I mark the information as inaccurate.
  • kdelost630
    Options
    I usually trust the nutritional information actually located on the food. I try to update the information that pops up on this website if its wrong.
  • chattipatty2
    chattipatty2 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    On some foods i eat,there are differences in nutritional information between what is on the label and what comes up when i use the bar code scanner. Has anyone else run into this? Which information do you use ?

Bar code scanner? What is that???
  • japruzze
    japruzze Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Depend on how far off the are. The label isn't exact. So on the rare occaisionally that I find a difference if it's not much I use the scanner.
  • ReneeG74
    Options
    My scanner on my iphone matches the label UNLESS it cant find it. I have found that it only has trouble finding certain meats. Other than that, it matches the nutritional info.