Already halfway there...

Hi all!

My name's Korey. I'm 26, looking for a job (after losing my old one to the economy :explode:) and finishing up my bachelor's degree in Humanities. I may be new to this nifty site but I've been on my weight-loss journey for about a year now. I started out at nearly 280 lbs. and got down to 218 about 3 months ago. Recently a lot of crazy stuff's been going on with my family, so I haven't had much time to concentrate on myself. Once things calmed down a bit, I got on the scale to find I'd gained back about 7 lbs. Not too much to worry about, but I can't afford to let myself slip back into old habits. So I was surfing about looking for a calorie counter, and found this site. I'm excited that there's a free site that offers all the tools and support of some of the other pay-sites. Hopefully I can get myself back on track quickly!

Replies

• Hi all!

My name's Korey. I'm 26, looking for a job (after losing my old one to the economy :explode:) and finishing up my bachelor's degree in Humanities. I may be new to this nifty site but I've been on my weight-loss journey for about a year now. I started out at nearly 280 lbs. and got down to 218 about 3 months ago. Recently a lot of crazy stuff's been going on with my family, so I haven't had much time to concentrate on myself. Once things calmed down a bit, I got on the scale to find I'd gained back about 7 lbs. Not too much to worry about, but I can't afford to let myself slip back into old habits. So I was surfing about looking for a calorie counter, and found this site. I'm excited that there's a free site that offers all the tools and support of some of the other pay-sites. Hopefully I can get myself back on track quickly!
  • Welcome aboard. its a great site - fun people - lots of good advice. Good luck with the weight lose - and on the job hunt :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • liastewart
    liastewart Posts: 7 Member
    Hi Korey:

Welcome to the site. You have done an excellent job on your weight loss, keep up the good work. And good luck with the job search.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love it here. I :heart: this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • Thanks, everyone, for the warm welcome! And good luck to you all as well ^_^