I need some exercise ideas...

Options
Okay, I think my body is getting VERY BORED with the walking DVD I've been doing (usually I try and switch it up with doing 45 minutes on certain day and 30 minutes on other days, but I fell off that for a bit and just doing 30 minutes 5 days a week). So I need help with what I should move onto next. Something I bought off Amazon was Part 1 of the 30DS (didn't have much money so that was the only one I could afford to download off there at the time). And also for almost a year now my mom and I had purchased the Zumba DVDs, but they've yet to be used (while heavier I didn't have the courage to try and keep up :ohwell: )

So far I'm at 322 right now. I need to know if I should start up on Zumba, or try my hand at the 30DS? And also, because I'm curious, to those of you that have done the 30DS, did you do it every single day for 30 days straight (levels 1-3)? I just need some help and some pointers to help me out :blushing:

I just want to continue to make progress and not stall or gain weight back. I've been down that road before and I do NOT want to do it again! I appreciate everybody that helps me! :flowerforyou:

And the DVD I"m using is Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds Express (1 & 2 mile walk). Just in case anyone wanted to know :laugh:

Also, if there's any other exercise programs you'd like to recommend (or certain routines), just post away! :drinker:

Replies

• truecountrygirl
    truecountrygirl Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MrsSpinks
    MrsSpinks Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I would definitely recommend Zumba and 30DS - I did Zumba dvd's at home and then moved onto 30DS after and did not find them too difficult even though I was completely out of shape after having my baby and hip problems (from pregnancy).
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    just try everything - you don't have to do it perfectly, just do your best.

I would say maybe shake up 30DS with some walking/zumba, only because 30DS is boooorrrrrrrriiiinnnng. I can't imagine doing it every day. Or possible do BOTH 30ds and the 30 minute walking 30ds is only 20 minutes.
  • LittleMissDoll
    Options
    I am doing Hip Hop Abs right now, so far it's working really well! and its not boring :)
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone has some good walking dvds. If I can suggest an instructor to you, I would go with Chris Freytag. She has some good workouts. She has a 10 Pound Slim Down set. You can buy it on Amazon for $14.99. She has a walking dvd that I wanted to share with you, but a third party is selling it too high on Amazon.

I love Tae Bo. Maybe you can check those workouts too. Check the library for the beginners workouts.
  • ShalisaClam
    Options
    I do Leslie every day.... but I do a different video every day and it keeps me entertained. I think you can find some good deals on Amazon for some used ones.... good luck!
    :smile:
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    belly dancing dvds are also fun
  • lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    I personally like to rotate my workouts. I have DVD's i do a few times a week, i walk every day, run 2 times a week and workout on the bike and elliptical as well.

I am doing the 30 day shred right now and am on day 9 of level 2. I have been doing it every day with a day off in between levels.

I would personally start the zumba first then try the 30 day shred. Nice thing about workout DVD's is you can do it to your level, you are not in a group setting so you don't have to worry about looking or feeling funny.
  • tcbr1980
    Options
    I am right there with you 277 5'9. I want 100 plus to be gone yesterday. So I bought biggest looser 3 years ago and just opened it a month ago and I REALLLLYYYYY like it. I know its jillian micheals and so on. But really she is incuraging and there are different levels of people doing the excerise so you dont feel out of place or that you cant keep up. I also got a Kettle Ball and just doing easy simple things with that and it is different I like it and it helps in the lower belly area. I also need help in the what do I do next situation so if you get any great tips or idea's please pass them along.
  • aimeemusic
    aimeemusic Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Definetly so zumba and GO TO A CLASS. You will love it! There girls of all shapes and sizes. I started zumba at 245 and now I am down to 207 a year and half later and I feel really strong.

I would suggest getting out and walking for 30 minutes. Another way you can burn calories is by cleaning (you can measure the burn on this website!!)

I would also try playing some wii/xbox games (just dance, zumba 2, wii fitness) and change it up. Don't for get some strengh training :) Something simple not to crazy with one/two pounds weights (maybe a simple toning video twice a week). Do something different for 40 minutes everyday and you will lose weight as long as you are countious of what you are eating. As long I each 1400-1600 calories and exercise up to 45o calories I have been streadily losing which is what youwant

*hugs* Have fun :)
  • small4me
    small4me Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    For DVD's I really like the Chris Freytag or Leslie Sansone, they are easier on my knees and I am not very co-ordinated.

I have about 10 Walking ones - Usually Walmart for $5. I know it doesn't change it up lots, but I don't fall on my face trying to do them. :laugh:
  • nu2012
    nu2012 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Try Zumba for a month and then 30 ds to it for a month. Then both zumba and 30ds. It's about increasing intensity,right? I started with Zumba for 4-5 months and then started adding workouts to it.
  • alexbelly
    alexbelly Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I love Michael Jackson's wii game and the Just Dance 3.

If youre just looking for random exercises to work specific muscles check out this website:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/list/index/selected/a

You can search by which group you want to work
  • suztheq
    suztheq Posts: 171
    Options
    I get bored sticking to a routine long term as well. I switch up my workouts depending on how I feel that week or even that day. I really like all the cardio workouts from P90X, especially kempo. Sometimes I'll throw in an Insanity workout or a Zumba workout. Pilates, yoga, swimming, biking (my road bike is currently on a trainer, turning it into a stationary bike), and strength training round out my workouts now. As you can see, I have the workout attention span of a gnat. Whatever you do, make it fun and make sure you are enjoying it. Even going to a park and walking around a track is better than sitting around. Good luck!
  • GymAnJuice
    GymAnJuice Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    why not go on youtube, have a go at some different exercise's and see what you fancy from there? personally i brought the zumba dvd's from amazon (cheapest i found) & love it. add me as a friend if you would like some support (not that im an expert lol just on here daily) :flowerforyou:
  • HeatherMomSamMaxTom
    Options
    Everyone has given you some great ideas! Sometimes you might try something and don't like it because it is too much, but after you loose some more weight remember to give it a try again because your body and motor skills change.
    Dvds are nice but can be expensive try stuff out on u tube, zumba to belly dancing (yes there are some great clips that your not bouncing on your feet like zumba there are boxing videos that get up your heart rate there are dancing to matt videos, and don't forget no one is watching you so if you mess up you can just jump back in. Also you can use netflix instant and dvd library. It's a good way to decide if you like the person and dvd, then keep your eye out on sales for the ones you real want to keep in your long term goal. With your walking ad weights to and working your arms. I love a runners body but didn't want to run, but I started last week and really do like it. Start small and add stuff, and keep smiling because your beautiful!
  • turntechBiologist
    turntechBiologist Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the suggestions and replies everyone! I really appreciate it! :flowerforyou:

I think I'll start off with Zumba, or 30DS or and probably switch it up every day or something! :laugh:

Thanks again! :heart:
  • IamMrsLeak
    IamMrsLeak Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If you have Cable tv, you can try different routines On demand. I love kick boxing, high impact cardio, belly dancing, yoga and Pilates! You will be certain to burn at least 300 calories by doing at least 30 mins of any of those! Tides and blessings!
  • IamMrsLeak
    IamMrsLeak Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have Cable tv, and I try different routines On demand. I love kick boxing, high impact cardio, belly dancing, yoga and Pilates! You will be certain to burn at least 300 calories by doing at least 30 mins of any of those! But I cannot seem to find any ideas for toning my back. I got some unexpected handles over the years. HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!