Chia seeds and what to do with them

Options
2»

Replies

• BackInAFlash
    BackInAFlash Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Question: Has anyone found adverse effects of these? Since taking them I seem to be waking up during the night with horrible stomach pains and the need to be sick, without being sick?

I can only assume these so far with having them at breakfast more or less the same time each day

I am wondering the same thing....my first time trying chia seeds was yesterday and today early afternoon, my stomach felt HORRIFIC....It is similar to what I feel when my ulcers flare up but there also was a nausea component to it. that being said, I also had EXTRA hot buffalo turkey lettuce wraps so maybe THOSE had something to do with it!! I took some more chia seeds today so we will see :)
  • Mummsy
    Mummsy Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    :noway: I bought some today. I just added a tbsp to my oatmeal that I made tonight. Didn't change the taste. Now I am worried that I am going to wake up in the night with a tummy ache. I sure hope not. :noway:
  • JustTracyB
    Options
    I add them to my smoothies. I like all these other ideas and can't wait to try. I've used chia seeds for a couple years now. No tummy problems. And yes, don't forget to floss. Lol
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Question: Has anyone found adverse effects of these? Since taking them I seem to be waking up during the night with horrible stomach pains and the need to be sick, without being sick?

I can only assume these so far with having them at breakfast more or less the same time each day

Make sure you take it with lots of water.
    I purchased a bag of chia seeds at EarthFare today, but I'm wondering the best way to incorporate them into my diet. Any suggestions? Thanks!!
    smoothies
    sprinkled on fruit
    oatmeal
    cereal
    soaked in milk (this is how holy crap suggests you eat them)
    yoghurt
    mix with ground meat