Give me your opinion!

Options
Embarrassing as it is, I feel most comfortable talking to my fellow mfp'ers about this topic... I have had HORRIBLE gas (we're talking sewer smelly over here) and abdominal bloating with almost everything i eat (we're talking minimally processed, natural, or organic products) and although I usually have on average 1 b.m. a day, I still am constipated. I was thinking about doing a colon cleanse (pills - not laxatives though!) because apparently mine is not doing a good job.

Yes, I am getting enough fiber - 25 to 35 grams a day!

What do you all think?

Replies

• lizbeth787
    lizbeth787 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Embarrassing as it is, I feel most comfortable talking to my fellow mfp'ers about this topic... I have had HORRIBLE gas (we're talking sewer smelly over here) and abdominal bloating with almost everything i eat (we're talking minimally processed, natural, or organic products) and although I usually have on average 1 b.m. a day, I still am constipated. I was thinking about doing a colon cleanse (pills - not laxatives though!) because apparently mine is not doing a good job.

What do you all think?
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    It couldn't hurt. I took some once for a few days. Just be sure to get the fiber ones (psyllum husk). Those are really gentle and wont leave you cramping or losing any good bacteria.
  • kaylou
    kaylou Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Actually when I eat to much fiber that happens to me!
  • avr1321
    avr1321 Posts: 96
    Options
    If i eat too much fiber i get all clogged up too. And when I first started dieting and such I used to get bad gas too (it was very embarassing) I realize it was because I was seriously changing up my eating habits so my body was like, "whoa! whats going on?"
    Look back at what your eating, maybe there is some new food that just isn't working with your body. Also, if you can sit in a sauna for about fifteen minutes next time you workout. I also gets a good b.m. after a nice sauna sit.
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    I wish I had a sauna ..
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options

What do you all think?
    switch all your meats for 1/2 cup of beans..cook dry ones....this will rid constipation and clean ya out and cost only about 3 bucks LOL..trust me I was suffering too
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    i would use phazyme, colace (NOT peri-colace). phazyme cuts the gas down and colace is just oil basically to lube things up.
    if this problem persists for a LONG time or any other big symptom changes (blood IN stool, can't tolerate most any food, etc), you should see dr.
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    look up th topic-i smell like a sewer-you and i have lots in common...i'm using more soy milk, i think it helps, who knows. check the thread, you'll get a good laugh anyway!:bigsmile:
  • lizbeth787
    lizbeth787 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    i would do that - but i already am not really a meat eater.... tuna/shrimp every once in a while... i do love me some beans though!
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

too much fiber can do that to you?
    They say it takes time to adjust but I think, for some people, their body reacts differently to lots of fiber/fruits/veggies
    Are u drinking tons of water and green tea
    I was told by a GI that lots of fiber and lack of fluids leads to constipation
    If it continues it may be worth talking to your primary or GI about....could u be intolerant to something (sugars or lactose?)

Kim
  • fatstrat
    fatstrat Posts: 216
    Options
    Insoluble fiber adds bulk and can constipate you if you don't drink enough water

Soluble fiber may be indigestible, but it is still fermented by the bacteria in your digestive tract. Fermentation creates gas.

This doesn't really help, but there are thousands of sites that Google will give to you and all you have to do type one word. You can find medical journals, even Wikipedia is decent sometimes for information. The more you Google, the better at coming up with search terms you'll get. Then you wont have to wait for anyone else and you'll be able to source the information to better decide if it's accurate.

:smile: